MFlenses - A new life in a digital age
MFLenses 2026

Manual Focus Lenses Forum

Explore the world of vintage lenses through repair notes, real test shots, and detailed archive threads packed with images.

Explore the world of vintage lenses through repair notes, real test shots, and detailed archive threads packed with images.
DiskFreeVault safely moves Mac apps and data to external storage.
Spotlight

Featured partner placement for the forum front page.

Fujinon EBC 200mm f4.5, a few shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  


Reply

As it seems to be Fujinon week, I dug out a few shots of my other Fujinon lens, the EBC 200mm f4.5, taken at the local cemetery last November. All are shot wide open as RAW files on my *istD, with minimal pp (white balance and minimal sharpening after resizing for the web). It's a lens I never use but it's not too bad, especially considering it usually goes for less than 50 euros.









Reply

Hi.

I like the last. The color rendering too.

Any pic of the Fujinon T ?

Thanks for sharing

Rino.


Reply

i like the berry shots very interesting bokeh ...


Reply

I have this lens in my collection. I find it to be a rather nice lens. I havent used mine in some time but seeing these photos makes me want to mount mine and get a few of my own samples up.


Reply

I might try to get this lens in the near future, even though telephotos aren't my thing. Maybe it would be a lighter and quicker (now that I have a few fujicas that allow open aperture metering) alternative to the jupiter 21m...


Reply

Very nice bokeh!


Reply

Heres a sample from my lens, I hope you dont mind that I hijacked your thread. It just seems much easier posting another sample here instead of starting another thread on the same lens.



Reply

Of course I don't mind: it's easier and makes sense for people finding this thread from Google searches.


Reply

ludoo wrote:
As it seems to be Fujinon week, I dug out a few shots of my other Fujinon lens, the EBC 200mm f4.5, taken at the local cemetery last November. All are shot wide open as RAW files on my *istD, with minimal pp (white balance and minimal sharpening after resizing for the web). It's a lens I never use but it's not too bad, especially considering it usually goes for less than 50 euros.

...


Nice pics all. #3 very good especialy background and colors. Fuji know how to make lenses.


Reply

Does anyone have the non EBC version (oldest single coat). What do you think about this last one?


Reply

estudleon wrote:
Does anyone have the non EBC version (oldest single coat). What do you think about this last one?


I don't have the 200m with no EBC, but I have a Fujinon 100mm non-EBC and it works great, without any noticeable flare or loss of contrast.


Reply

Thanks, Ludoo.

Rino.


Reply

Just picked up M42:-Fujinon T EBC 200 f4.5 and Fujinon EBC T 135mm f3.5..for £6 for the two. Also with the 135mm Sonnar, 35mm Flek I'll have plenty to play with, I might as well see if the MTL5 is working as well Wink


Reply

That some serious bargain hunting! Great work Smile


Reply

ManualFocus-G wrote:
That some serious bargain hunting! Great work Smile


This was cheap at MFlenses a few years ago:- Fujinon 200mm for £5, I think he should have kept it to sell now. Wink
http://forum.mflenses.com/fujinon-m42-ebc-200mm-4-5-t6479,highlight,%2Bfujinon+%2B200mm.html

Anyway the 135mm lens must have been dismantled as I was testing it today and the focus is not in sync with the distance marking on the lens 1.e. 30ft on scale is about 100 yards focussing in the viewfinder also the lens comes to a stop before infinity.


Reply

From a few test shots my Fujinon 200mm f4.5 seems a very good lens...not much use for winter in the Uk without a tripod though Wink

Fujinon 200mm f4.5, superia 200


The Sun 85-210 f4.5 put up a good show and is a good second as the Fuji is sharper