Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujinon EBC 200mm f4.5, a few shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Fujinon EBC 200mm f4.5, a few shots Reply with quote

As it seems to be Fujinon week, I dug out a few shots of my other Fujinon lens, the EBC 200mm f4.5, taken at the local cemetery last November. All are shot wide open as RAW files on my *istD, with minimal pp (white balance and minimal sharpening after resizing for the web). It's a lens I never use but it's not too bad, especially considering it usually goes for less than 50 euros.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

I like the last. The color rendering too.

Any pic of the Fujinon T ?

Thanks for sharing

Rino.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the berry shots very interesting bokeh ...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens in my collection. I find it to be a rather nice lens. I havent used mine in some time but seeing these photos makes me want to mount mine and get a few of my own samples up.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might try to get this lens in the near future, even though telephotos aren't my thing. Maybe it would be a lighter and quicker (now that I have a few fujicas that allow open aperture metering) alternative to the jupiter 21m...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice bokeh!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a sample from my lens, I hope you dont mind that I hijacked your thread. It just seems much easier posting another sample here instead of starting another thread on the same lens.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course I don't mind: it's easier and makes sense for people finding this thread from Google searches.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Fujinon EBC 200mm f4.5, a few shots Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
As it seems to be Fujinon week, I dug out a few shots of my other Fujinon lens, the EBC 200mm f4.5, taken at the local cemetery last November. All are shot wide open as RAW files on my *istD, with minimal pp (white balance and minimal sharpening after resizing for the web). It's a lens I never use but it's not too bad, especially considering it usually goes for less than 50 euros.

Nice pics all. #3 very good especialy background and colors. Fuji know how to make lenses.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have the non EBC version (oldest single coat). What do you think about this last one?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Does anyone have the non EBC version (oldest single coat). What do you think about this last one?

I don't have the 200m with no EBC, but I have a Fujinon 100mm non-EBC and it works great, without any noticeable flare or loss of contrast.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Ludoo.

Rino.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just picked up M42:-Fujinon T EBC 200 f4.5 and Fujinon EBC T 135mm f3.5..for £6 for the two. Also with the 135mm Sonnar, 35mm Flek I'll have plenty to play with, I might as well see if the MTL5 is working as well Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That some serious bargain hunting! Great work Smile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
That some serious bargain hunting! Great work Smile

This was cheap at MFlenses a few years ago:- Fujinon 200mm for £5, I think he should have kept it to sell now. Wink
http://forum.mflenses.com/fujinon-m42-ebc-200mm-4-5-t6479,highlight,%2Bfujinon+%2B200mm.html

Anyway the 135mm lens must have been dismantled as I was testing it today and the focus is not in sync with the distance marking on the lens 1.e. 30ft on scale is about 100 yards focussing in the viewfinder also the lens comes to a stop before infinity.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a few test shots my Fujinon 200mm f4.5 seems a very good lens...not much use for winter in the Uk without a tripod though Wink

Fujinon 200mm f4.5, superia 200

The Sun 85-210 f4.5 put up a good show and is a good second as the Fuji is sharper