Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone with opinion on Vologda factory lenses?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:55 am    Post subject: Anyone with opinion on Vologda factory lenses? Reply with quote

I've never owned a Vologda Factory made Russian lens with the logo below.
Does anyone have any experience or opinion on these lenses? How do they compare to KMZ?
Does anyone know when this logo replaced the older bow and arrow design?
Thanks in advance...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few of their lenses, including MC Helios-77M-4. Back in the Soviet days, the factory was considered slightly inferior to KMZ; however, I personally don't find it to be the case. Mir-37 'V' (or 'B') for Vologda is quite terrible though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Mir 1B from them is excellent!
bb2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Mir-1V is good too! I have a few lenses from Vologda and they all seem to be ok . As Aoleg says,opinion was it was not quite as good as KMZ, and many think the same of MMZ too, its probably a case that KMZ quality control was better than the other factories rather than anything else and that fewer lemons were able to get through it! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poolhall wrote:
My Mir-1V is good too!

Mine was terrible. It had very low contrast and low flare resistance, which I can tolerate in telephotos but never in wide-angles. Center sharpness was OK stopped down, but corners were visibly soft even on a crop camera (Mir-1B would hit the mirror on a full-frame Canon). I got rid of mine quickly.