Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

walk outside with biotar 75/1.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:30 am    Post subject: walk outside with biotar 75/1.5 Reply with quote

Got this lens from Klaus, today have a chance to test it outside. There was a heaviest snow yesterday( 20 cm deep ) this year, although the light was not perfect, but really surprised by the performance of this lens. Never thought it would be so good, it totally worth the money. Never will let it go!

Click to see high resolution.
First the signature of this lens:
f1.5

f8.0?(forget the exactly number)

poor guys suffering from snow:
f16, cropped

This guy forgot his tail Very Happy

PS: still don't have infinity focusing for sd14, need to find adapter to mount this extakta version to e-p1 to reach infinity Sad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey great first outing. I love the pic of the egret(?). The sparkles in the snow and the birds shadow make a real impact of the sun and cold of the day.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Hey great first outing. I love the pic of the egret(?). The sparkles in the snow and the birds shadow make a real impact of the sun and cold of the day.

Thanks Andy,
I am sure these are just some "test shoot", there must be a lot I need to learn from this one Very Happy

It's very interesting to use it.

And by the way, did not touch anything except exposure when converted to jpg, also amazed and love the character of this baby Smile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the bird, i should have taken more pics, but a dog come and chased it away while I was changing lens Smile missed the pic of that moment Sad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lwsy711 wrote:
For the bird, i should have taken more pics, but a dog come and chased it away while I was changing lens Smile missed the pic of that moment Sad

The chance at perfection doesnt last long before the dog comes. And the dog always comes. Laughing
Your dark ice behind the Egret really helps to pop the bird, with lovely ice crystals twinkling in the snow. Great capture!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats lwsy711, nice series, enjoy the legend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the 2nd with the balance of the blue sky and green grass.And the car with a tail Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good to me! The egrit is really great and I like the colors a lot of teh series. Glad you like it!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, Very Happy

By the way, this copy don't have a perfect round circle when stopping down to f/16, this should only affect bokeh, right? But when stopping down to this aperture, the bokeh is not so important and it also helps a little bit to match to "focusing to infinity" Very Happy

Klaus, thanks again for the gem!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah yes, nandina berries (one of my first targets with a new lens).

the egret in the snow is a hoot.

nice walk, indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know your feel, stunning lens , congrats!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lwsy711 wrote:
Thanks guys, Very Happy

By the way, this copy don't have a perfect round circle when stopping down to f/16, this should only affect bokeh, right? But when stopping down to this aperture, the bokeh is not so important and it also helps a little bit to match to "focusing to infinity" Very Happy

Klaus, thanks again for the gem!

No need to pass F8 with this lens. Beyond F8 you will lose sharpness to diffraction. If you need more DOF use a different lens.
I seldom stop down beyond f8 with Digital sensors.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila and fish4570 Smile

Andy, thanks for the useful tip, I did not compare sharpness at different aperture. Will be use aperture under f/8 with cautions Very Happy

This is a exakta mount copy, to simply use it on SD14, I just attached a m39->m42 adapter( with glue, totally reversible ), so I am not able to achieve infinity focusing for now. DOF helps a little bit for this temporary defect. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice shots all of them

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: CZ Jena Biotar 75/1.5 M42 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: CZ Jena Biotar 75/1.5 M42 Reply with quote

Nice shots!
Welcome.

Narciss wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome!
Love the dog Very Happy
But something weird is when I click on the picture to see better resolution, my connection to mflenses.com will break for a while Sad
Don't understand why Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is one of my Biotar creations:

I have love/hate relationship with this lens. Some shots look truly sucky at first, but then I print them and they become my favorites. This lens is all about character, not your typical modern wonder with off the charts MTF numbers and silky smooth bokeh.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirius wrote:
Here is one of my Biotar creations:

I have love/hate relationship with this lens. Some shots look truly sucky at first, but then I print them and they become my favorites. This lens is all about character, not your typical modern wonder with off the charts MTF numbers and silky smooth bokeh.

Great capture! +1 to your opinion. Wonderful exciting lens, real character, hard to find similar one.