Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 135mm f4 "T" coated
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 135mm f4 "T" coated Reply with quote

It has M42 mount shape like almost a Jupiter-9 rangefinder lens. It makes very sharp pictures. I never seen this kind of lens is anybody can identify me? I guess it made around 1949-1953 or before for Contax screw mount cameras.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it. It's a regular M42 lens. Mine is very sharp in spite of the fact that it has a little haze spot on the front lens.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have different one,look at the barrel.

I suppose you have this one.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, you are right.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look this copy it has "T" coated ! and 135mm not cm I guess this lens made right after they changed focal length to mm.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one sample shoot taken with this lens.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens, mine is sharp the same. It doesn't get used much probably because I have faster lenses in that focal range. But it would deserve more use definitely.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also not used much these old lenses, but I have good feel when I see them. Unbelievable how could make this sharp lenses 60 years before.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full size images are here take a look in full resolution especially on turtle.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those CZJ 4/135 are very good lenses, not that fast, but really good!

I've got two different versions:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Full size images are here take a look in full resolution especially on turtle.

Yes, these aluminium finish lenses are amazing, the only caution with them is that you need to use a lens hood.
With a lens hood, they are just as good as the newer lenses, and sometimes, I suspect that the aluminum lenses used better materials, better and more precise old German machinery, and had less production and more quality control, so ultimately it's easier to find amongst them better copies than form the newer models.