Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon 6 metering pentaprism
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Pentacon 6 metering pentaprism Reply with quote

What are the correct words to search for on Ebay to find this thing?
I have tried
P6 pentaprism
Pentacon 6 pentaprism
then with prism only, then penta only
then viewfinder

I always get zero results.

I remember Carsten looked for that once and found a whole lot.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From cupog... Click here to see on Ebay

I typed "pentacon six ttl prism" for the above.

You can also fit the Kiev 60 meter prism by way of an adapter sold by Rolf Dieter Baier:

http://www.baierfoto.de/exaktaprism.html

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Bob, I bookmarked it, although it is a bit expensive compared to what I've used to see. If it does not raise I'll try to snipe it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do get it Orio, please let me know how you get on with it as I'm thinking of one myself.

Thanks.

Bob

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought the same prism in 68$ from the Czech seller (http://myworld.ebay.com/gold-camera/) six month ago. I have not tried it, but in local fotoshop they say that this TTL prism is not better than an external light meter.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already one of them. The problem is that inside the mirror is all dirty, or worse, it could have lost the silver, and I am totally inept at manual equipment care, so I don't risk to open it.

So the problem for me is that the viewfinder is spotty and dirty.
The light meter works perfectly in my copy, it meters without a fault.