Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Phago - enlarging lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Phago - enlarging lens Reply with quote

Looks like a quality piece of glass. Only reference I can find to PHAGO in the VM is an english agent for SUN lenses. Anyone got any other info? M39 mount.

On bellows - not a stellar performer. Colour is OK........

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh not again....

I had that lens in my watch list and almost bid on it!

We seem to keep doing this, one day we're gonna get in a bidding war! lol

pm me your ebay id if you like then I can try to avoid bidding on the same lenses, hate to raise the price unnecessarily and there are always other lenses I can go for...

Hope you enjoy that lens, looks like an interesting one!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gargle for +PHAGO LENS -PHAGOCYTE -PHAGOCYTOSIS and you'll find links to:

* KAWA PHAGO 150/4.5 enlarging lens for 4x5in
* Japanese PHAGO 75/4.5 enlarger lens for 6x6cm
* PHAGO 50/4.5 enlarging lens (UKP6, sold out)
* PHAGO 35/3.5 enlarging lens (UKP29, available)
* PHAGO 75/4.5 enlarging lens (UKP12.50, available)

Those are some I found rather quickly. But no details of manufacture, just a comment about many brands of EL's churned out by a small group of lensmakers. Gargle and ye shall find.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something from my memory bank . . .

The PHAGO lenses were imported into the UK by - wait for it! - the "Phago Photographic" company which was a family firm run by Mr Fagot. His son Peter was the firm's travelling rep and covered the whole of the UK in the 1970s and early 1980s. They sold all sorts of accessories, particularly darkroom equipment. I'm pretty sure they sold a solid and quite reasonably priced large-format enlarger taking negs up to 5x4 inches.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
Something from my memory bank . . .

The PHAGO lenses were imported into the UK by - wait for it! - the "Phago Photographic" company which was a family firm run by Mr Fagot. His son Peter was the firm's travelling rep and covered the whole of the UK in the 1970s and early 1980s. They sold all sorts of accessories, particularly darkroom equipment. I'm pretty sure they sold a solid and quite reasonably priced large-format enlarger taking negs up to 5x4 inches.

That sounds like the firm that the VM has as an importer of SUN lenses in 1972 - based in Wembley apparently.