Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Shots with a Jupiter 11 and a Nikon AIS 200 F4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Shots with a Jupiter 11 and a Nikon AIS 200 F4 Reply with quote

Some Pictures from 2 Lenses which I enjoyed using a lot...

Jupiter 11

Nikon AiS 200F4

Am just starting out in photography... please forgive me if the photos do not have any impact like some of the others there... Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of the Jupiter 11, is yours a chrome one or a zebra? Nice first pics BTW Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice shot w the jupiter. i like the images from this lens very much, tho i really dont like lugging it around....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrek wrote:
I'm a big fan of the Jupiter 11, is yours a chrome one or a zebra? Nice first pics BTW Smile

its a chrome one... when i got it the first thing which left an impression was the smell... made me think of russia... haha!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
nice shot w the jupiter. i like the images from this lens very much, tho i really dont like lugging it around....

Personally i feel it is quite light for such a great performer... compared to the lenses of modern day...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That first Nikon flower shot - WOW! clean clean clean!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
That first Nikon flower shot - WOW! clean clean clean!

thank you for the compliment...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two nice lenses. Fine samples

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the colours & bokeh in the 1st Nikon shot.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got some fantastic colors. Very impressive!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Shots with a Jupiter 11 and a Nikon AIS 200 F4 Reply with quote

Judas86 wrote:

I have always considered the 200/4 Ai-S a mediocre performer (some bad first impressions from way back) but your photos seem to prove otherwise. What sensor/body did you use to capture these? Nikon? DX? FX? Other?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: Shots with a Jupiter 11 and a Nikon AIS 200 F4 Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:

I have always considered the 200/4 Ai-S a mediocre performer (some bad first impressions from way back) but your photos seem to prove otherwise. What sensor/body did you use to capture these? Nikon? DX? FX? Other?

hi there... i was using a nikon D80... Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all the nice comments!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judas wrote:
Am just starting out in photography... please forgive me if the photos do not have any impact like some of the others there...

are you joking! I stayed open mouth with such beautiful art Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
Judas wrote:
Am just starting out in photography... please forgive me if the photos do not have any impact like some of the others there...

are you joking! I stayed open mouth with such beautiful art Shocked

haha... thanks for that comment... it means a lot...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The colours and sharpness of the first picture with the jupiter are just Shocked .....
This lens looks verry good, was it shoot wide-open at f/4???
I love also the flowers shot with the Nikkor 4/200, the colours and the bokeh are just amazing....Agree with "poilu", I will also call it a beautifull art picture Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
The colours and sharpness of the first picture with the jupiter are just Shocked .....
This lens looks verry good, was it shoot wide-open at f/4???
I love also the flowers shot with the Nikkor 4/200, the colours and the bokeh are just amazing....Agree with "poilu", I will also call it a beautifull art picture Wink

yes it was shot wide open at f4... all the shots so far were shot wide open at f4... even with the nikon... Smile...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful, beautiful pictures! good work!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

larsr wrote:
beautiful, beautiful pictures! good work!!!

thank you... saw ur flickr... you have very beautiful pictures as well!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice flower image with the Nikkor 200. I also have had mixed success with the AIS version. I had an AI that was just fantastic, but after nearly 30 years of use, it was just too beat up to continue. I then got a mint copy of the AIS, and it just doesn't seem as sharp. But yours looks fantastic!

Here's a test I did with various Nikkor lenses at 200mm: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaeger2/sets/72157622166481819/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaeger wrote:
Very nice flower image with the Nikkor 200. I also have had mixed success with the AIS version. I had an AI that was just fantastic, but after nearly 30 years of use, it was just too beat up to continue. I then got a mint copy of the AIS, and it just doesn't seem as sharp. But yours looks fantastic!

Here's a test I did with various Nikkor lenses at 200mm: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaeger2/sets/72157622166481819/

thanks for the comments... Smile