Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

+Great macro on ebay
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: +Great macro on ebay Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300150984678&category=48556

This is the legendary Tokina 90 macro - probably one of the best ever made. Sharp, great colour and contrast and a really creamy boke. Will probably go for close to $250.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

US only.

What are the matte over there... ? Do they not have a post system?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's their own fault when the prices stay lower than possible...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all started on Black Tuesday (Sorry patrickh)

Image removed.

Last edited by lahnet on Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens Kiron and Nikkor 105mm both are lot better, but anyway this a good lens also. Tamron SP 90 also better in my opinion.Sorry Patrick Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila
My personal preference is for the Kiron, which I also have as well as the Tamron. Never been able to lay hands on the nikkor 105/4 at the right price, but am still looking. My comments on the Tokina reflect the lore on several forums and the price that people seem willing to pay. The Tok comes up rarely over here and commands substantially more than the Kiron or the Tamron. This particular example may slip through because it is branded under the Viv name (it's the version I have). Laughing

@lahnet - I'm a brit living here in the US for more than 20 years so I carry no flag. 9/11 was a really big blow to the US psyche which they are only just getting over.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lahnet wrote:
US only.

What are the matte over there... ? Do they not have a post system?

This has been bugging me for a while. There are plenty of good US sellers who sell worldwide, but it certainly seems there's a higher proportion there than anywhere else of sellers who won't. I've asked several the reason why and got some weird answers! Smile I guess if you live in a country of, what, 500 million people? you don't really need to be concerned about selling to the rest of the world, but to us outside it does seem quite unfriendly.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is also problem for me, one times I got a logical explanation. They can send letters convince in USA , because they don't need to go to the post office just pay right amount on Internet , print label and put into the collector box close to their office. Foreign shipping is different they need to go to the local post office. I don't know this is true or not. I got similar bad experience from UK too in the past.They many times state they don't ship to China or Hong Kong.I have never ever had problem with buyer from all over the world.

I really hate buy from Austrians, I also not much like to buy from Germany, because 99% not accept PayPal this is unfair, buyer has no protection.

My order where to buy:

1) Russia, Ukraine
2) UK
3) USA
4) Germany

I have really great experience with Russian sellers, I never lost any package from them, they are well pack items and deliver pretty fast.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I found that is really shameful, is that Ebay has changed their protection scheme to promote Paypal exclusively. Until a few months ago, the Ebay protection scheme covered up to 500 Euros (in the USA also up to 1000 Dollars).
Now they lowered the protection to a maximum of 200 Euros (while Paypal protection is at 1000 Euros).
This makes it impossible to make safe purchases of expensive items using THE standard payment method worldwide which is the bank transfer. This is absurd. It's like saying that payment through banks is unreliable. Basically they're putting the bank payment just a little step above super riskful payments like Western Union.
And this, only to force sellers and users to use Paypal (and to earn a large share of the payments with the Paypal fee). WHile of course they earn no share from bank payments. This is the point. They sacrifice the safety of the buyers on the altar of their income.

The problem is, basically Ebay is a monopoly, it has no competition, so they make the rules that they want and don't listen to anyone.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I also not much like to buy from Germany, because 99% not accept PayPal this is unfair, buyer has no protection.

I sent an email to PayPal asking them the reason for this. They didn't give a logical reason, but they said they were actively trying to improve things.

I don't like bracketting people and generalising about them based on where they come from - people are people all over the world - but certain peoples are definitely more outgoing than others.

Quote:
I have really great experience with Russian sellers, I never lost any package from them, they are well pack items and deliver pretty fast.

"Brown paper packages, tied up with strings - these are a few of my favourite things." Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile I like to categorize people Smile as usual German people not equal at all with Austrians , also North Italian is not equal with South Italian. I had lot better experience in Florida than my wife had in Ohio.So I believe people are not equal everywhere.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, so you're saying the Austrians are better than the Germans (we
have a California governor who would agree) and the Southern Italians
are better than the Northern Italians...interesting.

*Flames shields UP!* Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha you exactly know who are better! Hungarians as usual like Germans very well and hate Austrians, we have good reasons from history and with experience with them. Sure North Italians are lot better guys generally than people in Napoly.I don't want better people around me than Floridians.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floridians are all old people who left New York for the sun when they retired. And we all know how awful New Yorkers are! Florida is the only place I know of where they will issue a drivers license to someone who is registered as legally blind. Rolling Eyes Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the dearest memories of my father get back to the time he had an antiquary shop, in the Sixties, and he sold these old very beautiful things to customers inside newspaper sheets, sometimes tied with hairy rope strings... polystyrene chips and factory padded boxes are safer, but just don't feel like the same...