Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A view from my back garden...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: A view from my back garden... Reply with quote

This was shot earlier in the year at the end of my garden - I kind of liked the cloud formations....

Shot with EOS 5D + Flektogon 4/20 and Kodachromed in PSE 2.... Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW
You live in a dream countryside!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this nice landscape. The vivid colours and the general sharpness of this picture is remarkable. Is it due to the bigger sensor size in the 5D?.
Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Orio: Yes it's very nice - the slope at the left of the image is the beginning of the hill where the panorama in the link that I posted a little while back was shot from.

@ Jesito: No, the 5D is relatively unforgiving of a lens' performance so I normally apply some degree of USM - I shoot RAW but don't add any sharpening until I've got the image in PS. I shot Kodachrome and later Velvia for many years and grew to like the super-saturated look and now try to repeat this in PS for digital.

Last edited by bob955i on Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are the flocks of haggis?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrick wrote:

Haggis season is now closed.... Wink

It's no easy task chasing them round that hill armed with a club, I tell you - it's a good job they've got two short legs and two long legs so you can just wait for them to come round again.... Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the short ones on the left or the right?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful sky, landscape well done!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Are the short ones on the left or the right?

Depends what side you chase them from. The mutant haggis is the one to be wary of, it can turn in mid-air and bite you on the leg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:
patrick wrote:

Haggis season is now closed.... Wink

It's no easy task chasing them round that hill armed with a club, I tell you - it's a good job they've got two short legs and two long legs so you can just wait for them to come round again.... Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Great shot, fantastic landscape! Living Kodak colours!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the kind comments guys. Smile

farside wrote:
The mutant haggis is the one to be wary of, it can turn in mid-air and bite you on the leg.

That's why we hunt that particular sub-species wearing plus-fours and shoot it with a bow and arrow.... Wink Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice place and nice shot.