Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Manual Lense to SLR Adaption?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Manual Lense to SLR Adaption? Reply with quote

Hello....I just read an article in Popular Science magazine, that states its possible to attach an older manual focus lense to a newer SLR camera. Being that Im tight on the budge right now, this would be great. I would consider myself a little retarded in this avenue, so I throw this out to the general populace....

I have a Nikon D50. Id love to grab a few older manual focus lenses and attach them to my camera. Does anyone know 1. What kind of adapter would work with my D50? and 2. Where could I scoop one up? Also suggestions on manual focus lenses that would work with this combo would be appreciated. Please be detailed in a response, as I am not very hip to lingo used by the camera savy on here.

Any advice, tips, or direction would be helpful! Thanks to all.

Booch

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

All lenses what is comes with Nikon AI and AIS mount fit into your camera without adapter. You can find genuine Nikon , Vivitar , Soligor, Kiron lenses with suitable Nikon mount.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay ...

You have some threads here about Nikon DSLR with manual lenses, notably here ...

Have a good reading Wink ...

Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Attila is quite right. Check out this website for information/advice about nikkor lenses, and remember all AI/AIS lenses will fit on your camera
http://www.naturfotograf.com/index2.html

patrickh