Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Not a Cat?...first try at B&W (C+C)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Not a Cat?...first try at B&W (C+C) Reply with quote

Here is my first go at using Black and white film= Kodak 400

This is with the Sun zoom YS 70-210 I bought recently...taken through a glass window...The local wildlife helping itself to the cat food...
F11/125

Super Takumar 1:1.8/55 I had left the UV filter on.
F16/1000

The following are all by the Vivitar 70-150 macro...
1)F22/125

F8/250

F11/125 Gumtree

Any help will be appreciated Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't seem to need any help, you do great on your own!

great capture that first picture, which animal is it?

And wow that tree! I would like to see it in colour also if/when you can.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, great job!
Interesting animal, and the trees are gorgeous.

Any help? I don't know what you mean. Perhaps how to take care of the cat food? Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i much like the cat/lizard and the f8/250 landscape. the kodak c-41 bw film renders things the way i like them to be rendered.

around here, racoons steal cat/dog food at night ... Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement,The lizard is a baby Blue tongue...they usually eat snails...but enjoy cat food it seems. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First and last , simple great!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say the last is my favorite local tree,it is an old Gum tree (unsure of it's botanical name) but the width of it is about 2.5 meters wide.I struggle to try and capture it's immense size and strength.These trees are known to drop their branches at any time (widow makers) so when camping in Australia DO not camp under them even if the shade is tempting!

@ Orio I will find some shots of it from my P&S which are on my external hard drive.I may only have parts of it as it is so big and my widest lens is 2.8 any ideas??

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent... I usually don't like B/W but your pics are so nice. Great captures.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely set of pics lizard is great Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this is another of the same variety of tree (it sheds its bark to reveal the white underneath in summer/spring)