Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Great idea!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Great idea! Reply with quote

Look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj6fMcJ18aA
Fantastic trick!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you dont have visual control on what you are filming, unless you use an external monitor.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you would be ok if the camera has an articulated lcd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
But you dont have visual control on what you are filming, unless you use an external monitor.

You use a tripod, so you can check first and then start to record.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatdeeman wrote:
I guess you would be ok if the camera has an articulated lcd

It must be a professional tripod then, with stops. If the tripod has no stops, it will be impossible to end the panoramic in a precise point without looking in the finder or in the liveview (which would be nearly impossible in a sunlight day).

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a clever idea, but it does not solve all problems.
Also, until your pano is horizontal, ok... but if it mixes horizontal and vertical movements (like starting from a hill and ending on a plain), or even worse, if your pano also needs zooming in or out (a very common situation), the trick will be of no use.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
if your pano also needs zooming in or out (a very common situation), the trick will be of no use

you can use 2 rubber band, one for the pan & one for the zoom with a stick like this one
http://www.vimeo.com/4270555
and before you ask, yes you will need to keep the remote control between your tooth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:

you can use 2 rubber band, one for the pan & one for the zoom with a stick

Of course. That was really stupid to ask Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a new trick and it's limited in utility. It might help smooth out a move on a cheaper tripod but try doing that in the field when it's windy or cold. Or how about at a wedding? "Hey, who's the guy with the rubber band?"

Anyway, if you're stuck with a bad tripod it can help to some degree.