Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

loose middle element-group Meyer-Optik Gorlitz 135mm 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject: loose middle element-group Meyer-Optik Gorlitz 135mm 2.8 Reply with quote

(sorry, my previous attempt at this post didn't have a subject. Attempt number 2)

Hi, I recently purchased this nice lens. After I received it I heard some rattling.
I removed the front element, and found that the culprit was the large middle element. It's hanging loose and I can move it back and forth a few millimetres!
Only I can't figure out how to get access to it. I can't see a ring holding it in place and I need to get closer for a look.
Anyone know of instructions on deconstructing this lens?
Any help greatly appreciated. The rest is in very good shape so I'm hoping to get it up and running!
Pictures show exposed loose element

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject: rear end Reply with quote

I started also disassembling the back end but didn't get any further than this. No idea how to proceed...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the M.O.G. 200 / 4 - possibly the same layout ?

This is the lens in bits.

I hope this makes sense. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject: Almost there Reply with quote

I'm almost there. No more time today. I will post some pictures when I'm finished. Thanks for the help.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject: did it Reply with quote

Managed to get to the middle element, put the thing back together, and learned a lot along the way!
My first deconstruct Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, it's a nice feeling to save such a nice lens. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: The finished repair Reply with quote

This is how it turned out.

Photographed with a recently purchased Pancolar 1.8/50mm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: The finished repair Reply with quote

BobbyB wrote:
This is how it turned out.

Photographed with a recently purchased Pancolar 1.8/50mm

Hi Bobby just wondering if it was the same as the 200mm illustrated above to get into the middle element I have 2 of these with working apertures but very dusty inside.
The only lens I managed to clean is the flecktogon and it was very straightforward. I don't think this is going to be the same
Thanks for sharing
Badr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a hard lens to work on. If you don't need to get at the blades then don't separate the two parts as shown in my pictures above. If the blades are oily and sticking, remove the glass and flush the blades and mechanism thoroughly with lighter fuel, use the whole can if it needs it - it's cheap.
The glass can be accessed without risking the aperture blades and is easy to get at. But - I dropped one of the inner lenses on to a plastic storage box lid from a height of about 6 inches and a huge piece of the lens broke off, I don't know if the glass is more brittle than other lenses or what caused it break, but I was very surprised.

The 135 and 200 are just about the same as well, my pictures should get you through either lens.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy
Thanks very much I will try and spare time to do it and update the thread

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Lloydy, @BobbyB

I have the same lens with broken aperture blades and I would like to repair it.
From your first picture, how did you do it to separate the lens in to two parts ?

Thanks