Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

m42 to konica....
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: m42 to konica.... Reply with quote

I'll be buying a Konica T3 this week. I managed to find batteries for it (the hearing aid batteries at the drug store Smile) I have plenty of FD and M42 lenses, but it will only have that one lens. I like variety! Is there a mount for m42 or FD to konica mount?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a rare Konica made adapter to put M42 lenses on a Konica body, but you can then only shoot in manual mode.

Konica Hexanons are stunning lenses and for the prices they can be had for, you can't do better imho.

I think you would be better off picking up some Hexanons as and when you can afford them.

Wanna see some samples from my Hexanons?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure Smile I guess I'll try to grab a couple of lenses later on then. The 50mm should be fine for now. That's why I have other cameras Wink

Btw, how do you like your Konica body?

Nino

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the Konica 50s are great, I have the 1.4/50, 1.8/50 and 1.7/50. The 1.8/40 is a great lens too.

I have three Konica bodes, the FT-1 is my favourite, I also like the Autoreflex T. The TC-X is a plastic piece of crap, sadly.

I shoot my Hexanon 4/21 on the FT-1 a lot, a great combo:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some samples from the Hexanon 50s on NEX-3.

1.4/50:

1.8/50:

1.7/50:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked wow!!! that 21mm is amazing!!! I'm in love! I was actually looking at pictures from various 17mm and 21mm lenses today and really want one!
A local camera shop has a fd mount tamron 17mm...tempting!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the 21mm is my favourite lens to shoot on film.

I also have a very good Tokina 3.5/17mm, that one is worth having, some say the Tamron 17 is just as good, never tried it myself.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The m42> konica mount is pretty easily had On eBay. I just ordered One for about $50usd. You just have to set the shutter speed manually, and the meter will tell you what f stop to use. It works exactly the same as shooting konica lenses in non AE mode, should be no problem at all.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
The m42> konica mount is pretty easily had On eBay. I just ordered One for about $50usd. You just have to set the shutter speed manually, and the meter will tell you what f stop to use. It works exactly the same as shooting konica lenses in non AE mode, should be no problem at all.

Huh $50! Prices must of changed on the bay as for my:- Minolta, Konica, Canon or Yashica I've never paid more than £5 for a M42 adapter. Anyway for $50 it's cheaper to get a M42 camera or another camera e.g. Canon T70 (cheaper adapters) and also you have a spare camera for backup.
BTW Konica lenses are better than Konica camera bodies IMO even the FT1 is inferior to other makes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konica bodies are far from top notch ... even if I love Konica, bodies are just so so I have basically all Konica body so I say it from experience. If you wish to use FD, M42 lenses buy an M42 and FD body instead of adapter. Advanced bodies like FT-1, FS1 most of them non working. Older bodies , are simple just same than Praktica or similar.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one just like here: Click here to see on Ebay.de . PM sent.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Konica bodies are far from top notch ... even if I love Konica, bodies are just so so I have basically all Konica body so I say it from experience. If you wish to use FD, M42 lenses buy an M42 and FD body instead of adapter. Advanced bodies like FT-1, FS1 most of them non working. Older bodies , are simple just same than Praktica or similar.

I agree, I had mint but not working FT-1 and TC-X, compared to other makes, the Konica bodies are not great.

There are lots of very good M42 bodies, Prakticas are good and cheap, Fujicas are good too, there are many others. I have a Carena SRH760 which is a re-badged Petri FT500, very nice camera, all manual, built like a tank, meter is accurate, I paid 6ukp with a mint Pentacon 1.8/50 on it, camera is mint too. So many options for good M42 body.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2nd camera for my hols to Ibiza is the TC as I don't trust the electronics of my FT1 ....the electrical side was a weakness on later Konica cameras and the main cause for failure.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, it's the electronics that are the problem. First FT-1 I had was mint, unused, but didn't work, it probably never worked right even when new. I gave it to a friend as a collection piece.

I only shoot with Konicas bodies because I have so many beautiful Hexanon lenses. If they would fit different cameras, the Konicas would stay on the shelf just looking pretty but not being used.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
rbelyell wrote:

Huh $50! Prices must of changed on the bay as for my:- Minolta, Konica, Canon or Yashica I've never paid more than £5 for a M42 adapter. Anyway for $50 it's cheaper to get a M42 camera or another camera e.g. Canon T70 (cheaper adapters) and also you have a spare camera for backup.
BTW Konica lenses are better than Konica camera bodies IMO even the FT1 is inferior to other makes.

whatever..i was just trying to answer your initial question, which i believe was 'is there an m42 adapter for konica cams'.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That had already been answered. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not in a complete and fully accurate way. the adapter is not 'rare', it is easily obtained. and i provided a price for the sake of thoroughness.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by iangreenhalgh1 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, pm's, and links! I think it's best if I just stick with the konica and hexar/hexanon lenses.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninobrn99 wrote:
Thanks for the info, pm's, and links! I think it's best if I just stick with the konica and hexar/hexanon lenses.

+1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
ninobrn99 wrote:

+1

+1

I wouldn't have bought 19 Hexanons and 2 Hexars if they weren't great lenses.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My m42 to FD adapter came in today.... That should hold me over for a whole since I haven't gotten to use them. Very excited to test them out!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleased for you, look forward to seeing some tests shots.

Pray tell, what M42 lenses have ya got to play with?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M42:
Yashica DX 50 1.4 and 35 DX 2.8
JcPenny 35 2.8

FD mount:
Canon 50 1.8 and 135 3.5
Tamron adaptall 35-80 2.8-3.5 and 28 2.8

Soligor 200 3.5 (I only paid $2 for it at a pawn shop and there is nothing wrong with it!) and 75-250 4.5

I'm working on building my inventory. I really want a wide angle (17 or 21), a 55mm, 85mm, and 100 or 105. We'll see what happens. I've been looking at different cameras too. I've been on a film kick lately, so it's been all 35mm or 120. I'm still debating between the 60d or T3i...leaning more towards the 60D Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice collection, that Soligor 3.5/200 is a good lens, congrats!

I know bugger all about Canon cameras so I can't advise.

Glad to hear you're working with film, we need to try to keep it alive!