Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sigma sd14 and m42 lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Sigma sd14 and m42 lenses Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm from Paris, France ; I recently bought a sd14, a m42/SA converter, and a SMC Tak 50 ; I'd like to buy a wide angle lens in a few weeks, and I 'd like to know if the following lenses are compatible :
- S-M-C Tak 24/3.5
- Fujinon 24/2.8
- Mamiya Sekor 21/4
- Yashinon 20/3.3
- Yashinon 24/2.8
Thank you very much

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never heard about compatibility issues with <30mm lenses. I know a Sigma user, who used Takumar 24mm, so at least this one should be compatible.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
i have an sd14 and never had,nor heard of, any problems with any m42 lens.
next, where did you find a yashinon 20mm in m42??!! and if you decide not to get it, would you let me know? Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell: some lenses have problems... e.g. Tessar 40/4.5... also Color-Ultron 50/1.8 can touch the IR filter at infinity... but these are quite rare examples - I'd say 1 model of 50 may have compatibility issues

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks no-x, i really had never heard of any problems, though the IR filter is right up front! i still wanna know about that yashinon 20mm!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies ;
in Thousand Oaks (Los Angeles), there's a store called Kevin cameras (www.kevincameras.com), he has a lot of rare and beautiful lenses, but prices are beautiful too !...I use his site just as a "databank"...Have a look...