Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panagor 28mm f/2.5, worth buying?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Panagor 28mm f/2.5, worth buying? Reply with quote

I can get a Panagor 28/2,5 locally, in excellent condition. The seller wants to have 30 euros. Is this a decent lens (I know that Panagor lenses were made by various manufacturers), and is this a decent price? The focal length would be very nice for my purpose (gives a 40mm FOV on my Canon DSLR). Thanks! Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most Panagor were made by Kino Precision (aka Kiron in the States) until the late 80's/early 90's when Kino went out of business. At that point, Tokina made the Panagor label lenses...I believe the 28mm F2.5 is a Kino made optic that is a decent lens, but the price is just a tad high IMHO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have and use the Panagor (Kiron-Kino Precision Industries, made) 24mm /2.5 lens. It's a very good lens.

Kiron Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens is very common underthe label Vivitar ... Very good optic , a bit under the tamron 2,5/28 . I have the Vivitar one and an "Admiral" copy which is physically identical to the Panagor .However, I think the price is on the high level here . Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's not cheap. But having a "fast" 28mm is always nice. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Yes, it's not cheap. But having a "fast" 28mm is always nice. Wink

I let it pass, and I'll wait until a better offer comes by Smile

Thanks all for your info!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got a new offer ... to buy the lens plus a skylight filter for 25 euros. According to the seller, the filter has always been on the lens. It does look near mint on the pictures indeed.

Let's see if I can bring that down to 20 euros ... that would make it interesting for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kiron 28mm f/2 and 24mm f/2 are pretty good too.

Kiron Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeyore, is that the lens found on Marktplaats and Fotoapparatuur.nl located in Amsterdam? I can't find it on Marktplaats anymore. Placed a bid a while ago, to see what would happen, but never received a message, stating that it was too low etc.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DikkieDick wrote:
Eeyore, is that the lens found on Marktplaats and Fotoapparatuur.nl located in Amsterdam? I can't find it on Marktplaats anymore. Placed a bid a while ago, to see what would happen, but never received a message, stating that it was too low etc.

Hi,

No, not in Amsterdam, but yes, in Noord-Holland. Just curious, how much did you bid?

Johan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johan,

7,50 euros. So that would be not too much. But usually a seller might respond saying f.e. that's too low, and then we could make a deal maybe. The ad stated bidding (if I'm not mistaken).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DikkieDick wrote:
Johan,

7,50 euros. So that would be not too much. But usually a seller might respond saying f.e. that's too low, and then we could make a deal maybe. The ad stated bidding (if I'm not mistaken).

I must admit that I usually don't respond to very low bids as well. My experience is that many sellers do the same, btw.

Were you looking specifically to that lens? I was just looking for a good 28mm M42 lens for on my "new" film camera. So if you want to trade the Paragon for something comparable, that might be fine for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johan,
not specifically. I'm trying to collect some nice old lenses. Should also be Nikon-mount. But I'm a little bit quiet now. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DikkieDick wrote:
Johan,
not specifically. I'm trying to collect some nice old lenses. Should also be Nikon-mount. But I'm a little bit quiet now. Wink

This one is M42 mount Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallo Johan, I have this lens in M42 version. Bought mine for Euro 5,00 at the "Zwarte Markt" in Beverwijk. In my opinion 30 Euros might be a bit overpriced. But perhaps I was lucky then (2008). Regards Cliff.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the lens for 20 euros plus shipping. It's in excellent condition! and it's on my recently acquired Spotmatic now. Wide enough for me Smile

5 euros sounds like a steal Laughing but to me it looks worth 20 euros (in this condition) as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is more important that you are satisfied with your new buy. Have fun and take lots of pictures. By the way my Panagor is still on a Fujica ST801 which I used at the "Havendagen" in Rotterdam last year. Roll is still in, shame on me. I went there complete analog. Fujica ST 801 and Pentax SP500 body. Lenses Panagor 2.5/28, Takumar 2.0/50 and Eyemik a.k.a Porst 1.8/135. It was great fun among all the digital shooters.

Regards, Cliff