Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 40-2 Fujica st701 Ilford XP2 Anastasia C&C
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Helios 40-2 Fujica st701 Ilford XP2 Anastasia C&C Reply with quote

Here were some quick shots from yesterday. Nothing particularly innovative. All shot at f1.5 except that last which was taken with the super takumar 1.4/50mm at f1.4 (7 element version, but an early one at that). First real experience with XP2. I'm still getting newton rings when scanning it. I guess all C41 monochrome film have a shiny emulsion side. Not much PP, just dust removal (which I see I already missed some) and levels adjustment. Comments are always welcome. Thanks!

~Marc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another from the helios, for good measure.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super shots & bokeh, though yeah, Mr. Newton is in evidence.

I've taken to scanning the film upside down and then reversing the image - this way the curl is up rather than down, and the film doesn't touch the bottom glass.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! congrats, superb portraits, great b&w!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good portraits. The light was excellent (not to mention the model. Wink )

Cheers, Marty.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. I've decided to sell the canoscan 700f. As good as it is, I suspect my problems with newton rings really is the result of it. So I may re-post some of these once my v700 comes in.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a B&W fun , but your g/f made these series to shinny really. Great ones!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool set great shots Marc well done Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good series Marc.

I particularly like the one where the model is tossing the snow in the air.

I wish I'd bought the Helios a few years ago when they went for half as much.