Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Portrait - Helios 77M-4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Portrait - Helios 77M-4 Reply with quote

Not sure about it. The deadly sin, I know, NEVER shoot kids from above. But I think it's worth posting because there are not so much examples of results from the Helios 77M-4 50mm in the net.

And now something completely different, taken a few seconds earlier. The original is razorsharp in the center (f4). Taken from raw without modification, only slight usm after resizing:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First one is a very good capture ! Congratulation!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both splendid!!

You see that rules (never kids from above) are there to be broken.

Like the colour and bokeh of the second one!!

Guido

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael it's just a lovely portrait (and out-of-ordinary beautiful child!), perfectly focused, metered, and executed.

You know, I could never understand that rule. A photo is good when it's good, not because someone else decided that you have to be tall like a child to take good photographs of a child.

What lens is that Helios? I never heard of it, and I thought I heard of them all. Do you have a photo of it? What mount is it?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Portrait - Helios 77M-4 Reply with quote

Borges wrote:
...The deadly sin, I know, NEVER shoot kids from above. ...

No problem here!
First it is a charming young lady and second it is only slightly from above.
Lighting is great and I like the toning.

Very nice pictures and obviously some good examples for the performance of the lens!

Carsten

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

What lens is that Helios? I never heard of it, and I thought I heard of them all. Do you have a photo of it? What mount is it?

He, I can't believe it. I thought you managed to get every lens that was produced by any factory of the former ussr... Very Happy

Sadly there is almost no information in the net. Even zenit.istra.ru didn't help. Mechanical this lens seems to be a copy of the Helios 44-M4 but has the unusual focal length of 52mm (despite the fact that it is labeled 50mm) and smallest aperture value of f1.8. There are versions from valdai and from vologda. I have seen the lens with m42 and pentax-k mount (77K-4). No manual aperture.

Some pictures taken with this lens:
http://www.winken-zemke.info/?p=20

And the lens itself:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I must remember to add your site to the links section.

Man, that lens is sharp. I look at the flies on the horse's head!

And so it's Vologda, eh? It seems to have been a very fine factory. The Jupiter-21M comes from there, and it's a magic lens.
Also my copy of Mir-1B is Vologda (I don't know if it was build by other factories also)