Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Autumn. Ilford Delta 400, Bronica ETRSi, Zenzanon 70/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Autumn. Ilford Delta 400, Bronica ETRSi, Zenzanon 70/2.8 Reply with quote

Ilford Delta 400, Bronica ETRSi, Zenzanon 70/2.8
One of first rolls with Bronica.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some very nice shots, I got a PE 75/2.8 & PE 150/3.5 together with an ETRSi last month, haven't had time (or good weather) to shoot nearly enough yet though Smile

[Besserwisser]
I think you have either a 60/2.8 or a 75/2.8, there's no 70/2.8 Bronica ETR-system lens.
[/Besserwisser]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

2 and 4 for me, for the composition. i like the delta rendition, good greay range. i read that its a kinda new generation film "delta" grain . how does is compare to the old hp5 and fp4 ?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, you right! It`s 75mm Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics. The grain is pretty much non-existant.

I used to have a Beetle about 3 years ago. I didn't have it long as it was a pain to keep getting in and out of, plus it seemed to spend more time off the road than on.

Hexi - I developed a roll of Delta for a pal and couldn't see any difference in grain comparing to my FP4+. The Delta had expired though and this was 135 not 120 where I gues the difference may be noticeable.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like great contrast of delta, but grain seems similar to hp5. Maybe the difference will be visible when the files will be copied to paper.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures, I especially like the last one (boy portrait)
Did you use a yellow filter on #2 ? Effect is nice.
#2 also has some strange flat looking leaves on topleft corner.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio - you`re right, i used orange filter on #2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots.....beats me why anybody uses 35mm for b/w when it's just as cheap to develope the neg (120) yourself and medium format gear in now within reach of ordinary photographers for prices.

Just a snap shot with a RB67 in B/w taken about 25 years ago:-

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn172/chakrata/chris766.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Nice shots.....beats me why anybody uses 35mm for b/w when it's just as cheap to develope the neg (120) yourself and medium format gear in now within reach of ordinary photographers for prices.

It's not all that difficult developing your own slides either. I used to do a lot of E-6 developing with a very simple setup using the kits you can buy for it. When buying in the larger quantities it can also be quite economical.

As for 35mm vs MF, well each format has its own look which is further defined by the lenses used. I suspect though that the reason why more people don't switch over can be any number of reasons. Ignorance, inertia, apathy, preference for 35mm, etc.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think large format is not more expensive than 35mm. Offcourse in one roll of film i have only 15 frames, but it makes me thing more before pressing the shutter button. Few times i also tried to develop C41 films (i found old c41 chemicals) and had a good, interesting results Smile

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,201700.html#201700

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***As for 35mm vs MF, well each format has its own look which is further defined by the lenses used. I suspect though that the reason why more people don't switch over can be any number of reasons. Ignorance, inertia, apathy, preference for 35mm, etc.***

Well once upon a time in 35mm, I was so pleased photographing in b/w erm well kodachrome and colour negs were expensive so that might have something to do with it. But now, I just couldn't go around photographing in b/w using my 35mm cameras, as I know what medium format can achieve in quality.

But in scanning all my old negs had a bit of nostalgia when looking and remembering these shots from a S3 Pentax:-

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn172/chakrata/chris673-1.jpg
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn172/chakrata/img323.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boy shot has soul.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 on the soul, the last two are my favorites

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

like your shots ... and good use of the orange filter.

How about some shots with your new 50mm lens Smile?

Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good shots, I like them!!