Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

G1 compatible Tevidons?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: G1 compatible Tevidons? Reply with quote

Is there any list of Panasonic G1 compatible C-mount Tevidons? I read, that only some of them can be used with adapter and achieve infinity. I've just bought these three:

Tevidon 10/2
Tevidon 16/1.8
Tevidon 25/1.4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think trouble is it draw smaller circle than what you need to fill frame fully.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There appear to be two problems with c-mount lenses on the G1. First of, to get infinity focus the lens has to be recessed slightly into the camera mount. Adapters allowing you to do that have a limited diameter. If your c-mount lens is too fat, it won't fit the adapter.

Secondly, the coverage of the Tevidons may be smaller than the G1's sensor size. Examples of pictures from the 25/1.4 show dark corners in 4/3 size:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/phobus/3332901755/

On a few eBay auctions they only show 16:9 pictures, no dark corners there.

My guess is than focal lengths shorter than 25mm have even smaller image circles. I have some Tevidons (bayonet type) lying around somewhere but I'm too lazy to compare image circles right now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

made some tests long ago, APS sensor work from 75mm onwards if I remeber correctly. I have them all from 10mm onwards. Nice glass and very sharp but not much used....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought a Canon 11-110/1.6 with Volna-3 for just 30Euros from a local guy just incase of a future micro-4/3 purchase and especially for Hi-Def video shooting Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
made some tests long ago, APS sensor work from 75mm onwards if I remeber correctly. I have them all from 10mm onwards. Nice glass and very sharp but not much used....

If you have any of the 0,95 lenses, I would be more than happy to take one off your hands Very Happy

They've become soooo ridiculously overpriced these days, I don't even bother checking on Ebay, but one of my dreams before I die is to shoot with a lens faster than f1.0. Without, of course, having to sell one of my kidney and half of my liver Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
kds315* wrote:

If you have any of the 0,95 lenses, I would be more than happy to take one off your hands Very Happy

They've become soooo ridiculously overpriced these days, I don't even bother checking on Ebay, but one of my dreams before I die is to shoot with a lens faster than f1.0. Without, of course, having to sell one of my kidney and half of my liver Very Happy

Take? Ain't gonna happen, maybe "prey" out of my dying hands.... Wink Just joking, they have gotten very expensive of course but 0.95/25mm I see quite often now....

NONE of the TEVIDONS match that criteria btw. just so you don't need the effort to go through my database and check them out.... Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

NONE of the TEVIDONS match that criteria btw. just so you don't need the effort to go through my database and check them out.... Twisted Evil

Ah, OK, I thought you meant you had 'em all, including the Tevidons :-DDD

Today, a Macro Switar 26mm f1.1 went up with a $1100 BIN price. Granted, the lens is supposed to be awesome, and was never "dirt" cheap, but still.

Needless to mention, it was snatched before the day let out. Crazy times.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I re-tested the TEVIDONS (all I guess ever made) for usebility on micro 4/3 cameras and the conclusion is:
a) vignetting: 10/16mm
b) minimal vignetting: 25mm
c) no vignetting: 35/50/70/100mm

all tested in full format on a Lumix GH1.

reducing the format or cutting out would of course make group a) also useful,
or switching on the internal 2x magnification also helps.

Last edited by kds315* on Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus,

I can't resist - all you guess ever made. Have you tried the 15-150/2 Vario Tevidon? It appears to have a decent image circle in the telephoto range, with a much larger rear element than the 18-90/2. Maybe I should get a micro 4/3 camera myself to test the lens..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have refused to do so since I know someone who has one and reports
of severe vignetting similar to the 18-90mm.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised - with a 25 mm diameter rear element I expected much less in the way of vignetting than the 18-90/2 with its 15 mm rear element. Some quick and very dirty testing indicates an image circle of about 23 mm at 150/2 and about 20 mm at 15/2. Anyway, for a go anywhere travel zoom the 15-150/2 might not be the ideal candidate - it's a heavy monster.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if I run across one, I can do my own tests and not rely on someone else, anyway always better... Rolling Eyes