Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Years - Volna-3 Kiev 60 Delta 3200 C&C
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: New Years - Volna-3 Kiev 60 Delta 3200 C&C Reply with quote

A rather unspectacular portrait from my wanderings around the party on New Years Eve. This was my first experience with Delta 3200. And my first go with my new Kiev 60 so there were quite a few variables at play. Shot at 3200. Developed in D76 1:0 for 9:45mins. Shot at 2.8 (wide open) and probably a 60th or 125th. Prism was too dark for the setting, so WLF was used. Probably could use some PP to bring out the face a bit more.

~Marc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The picture is good for me, it has that "something".
It is very sad. It feels lonely. Another side of the NYE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Orio. Your comments are always much appreciated. Here is another that I feel goes along with a "lonely" type theme.

~Marc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both excellent well done Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. It's definitely a film that I'll come back to, especially since I hate flash photography. I've noticed that when I work in the 6x6 format I put a good deal of negative space above my subjects. Must get out of that habit...

~Marc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. The "atmosphere" is excellent, especially in the second one. Waist level finders are good for avoiding drawing attention to yourself.