Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax Yashica Connection
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Contax Yashica Connection Reply with quote

For some time I've wanted a Contax 167MT.
But first without Zeiss optics, that are currently too expensive to me.

New gear... Contax 167MT with Yashica Lenses von riddance77 auf Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, looks like your 167 is in fine fettle. Nothing wrong with Yashica glass either.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barryreid wrote:
Congratulations, looks like your 167 is in fine fettle. Nothing wrong with Yashica glass either.

True -- Yashica glass may not have the panache of its Zeiss kin, but they are not slouches either. I have an old M42 Yashica Yashinon-DX 50mm f/1.7, which I've compared to other 50s I own, and it is, if not the sharpest, pretty durn close to it. And it dates back to way before Yashica got the nod to produce Contax and Zeiss products.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Contax Yashica Connection Reply with quote

riddance77 wrote:
For some time I've wanted a Contax 167MT.
But first without Zeiss optics, that are currently too expensive to me.

New gear... Contax 167MT with Yashica Lenses von riddance77 auf Flickr

The CONTAX 167 MT was my first CONTAX camera, together with the Zeiss Vario-Sonnar 3,4/35-70mm zoom lens! The zoom lens is still in my camera bag, and now I am using the lens adapted on my SONY cameras!