Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Oil on aperture blades...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Oil on aperture blades... Reply with quote

I've bought a few "new old stock" C-mount lenses on ebay recently, and a couple of the Cosmicar (Pentax) lenses came with some oil on the aperture blades. Is this a common problem? How concerned should I be? (I assume this is the helical grease flowing where/how it should not...) Is this something I could clean up myself?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil on aperture blades... Reply with quote

nater wrote:
I've bought a few "new old stock" C-mount lenses on ebay recently, and a couple of the Cosmicar (Pentax) lenses came with some oil on the aperture blades. Is this a common problem? How concerned should I be? (I assume this is the helical grease flowing where/how it should not...) Is this something I could clean up myself?

It will not affect any lens with present aperture. The problem will become critical in the auto aperture lenses (ie: M42 auto lenses)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil on aperture blades... Reply with quote

lEo. wrote:
nater wrote:

It will not affect any lens with present aperture. The problem will become critical in the auto aperture lenses (ie: M42 auto lenses)

+1 it cause only problem if oil is much and go to inner elements, other ways fine and normal.