Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

28mm Super Takumar f3.5 with macro extension tubes
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: 28mm Super Takumar f3.5 with macro extension tubes Reply with quote

Hi!

I got the Super Tak 28mm f3.5 today and had to test it with macro extension tubes. I put some 70mm of extension tubes behind it and YES, it was bit difficult to focus. Focusing distance was so close that the lens created a shadow above the objects.

Couple of test shots:

1. 2 euros coin

2. Crystal candle holder

It's damn hard to find objects to shoot! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What camera did you use? I have wondered about buying some macro tubes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Fo wrote:
What camera did you use? I have wondered about buying some macro tubes.

I use just EOS 350d but I bought Katz Eye Optics focusing screen to give a slightly better view. It doesn't help much though as the object gets so dark with so much tubes behind the lens... Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same experience here (same lens). I only use a generic Canon #1 extension tube and I was surprised that the focusing distance was too close. I don't know the physics behind it though as I expected that since it's only a 28mm (wide), it wouldn't focus that close. Sad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy a 55/1.8 for a few quid instead and try that Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it looks like you did not reverse the lens - which should be done and gives you about 40-80mm working space.
You need a reversing ring which has your camera mount on teh rear and the same filter diamater thread your lens has.