Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

petri 7 s lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: petri 7 s lenses Reply with quote

Anybody knows about the quality of petri lenses 1,7/45 (planar type) and/or 2,8/45 (tessar type) that came with the petri 7 s cam.?

Is to buy? u$s 10.

Thanks in advance.

Rino.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For $10 you can hardly go wrong - provided the shutter works!

I had one with the f2.8 lens many years ago - only ever shot colour neg with it but I think it was as good as other similar types, i.e. on fairly inexpensive cameras aimed at the "uncritical" volume market where pictures would seldom be made over 15cm by 10cm.

The faster lens was always much rarer here in the UK.

By the way, of all the cameras like the Petri, the one which had the reputation for the "best" lens in the late 60s and early 70s was the Yashica Minister II or Minister III with its f2.8 Tessar-type optic. But I never even tried it Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:

By the way, of all the cameras like the Petri, the one which had the reputation for the "best" lens in the late 60s and early 70s was the Yashica Minister II or Minister III with its f2.8 Tessar-type optic. But I never even tried it Embarassed

Thanks scambrook, very much.

Yes, the u$s 10 not a lot of money, but i prefer to put it in one cam with a good lens.

I had the yashica minister III (with the selenium meter) in 1967/8, my father bought it for me (then I was 9 years). It had a 5 element 2,8 lens (triplet modified like heliar?, one element more than the tessar classic, better borders).

At first was yashica M3 (very few were made, Leica opposite because the leica M3) and now it's a collector item.

I lost all the pics taken with the M. III.

Thanks for remind me the cam and these years.

Rino.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello:

I have 50mm-2,8 and 55mm-1,8, both in M 42 and they have a good yield, with regard to the price that they were costing 30 years ago.
I recommend the Petri Tessar.

Greetings: David

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks david.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the Petri 50mm 1.7. Someone knows something? Is M42

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

50 F1,7 ? Well, I only saw that :

http://forum.mflenses.com/petris-bokeh-t9198,highlight,petri.html

Parece que el "bueno" es 2,8/45.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

francotirador wrote:
And the Petri 50mm 1.7. Someone knows something? Is M42

I used to have a "Petri Auto C.C. 1.7/50" quite a long time ago.
It was not good wide open, stopped down to f/2.8 or f/4 is was pretty nice.
But it had a terrible built. I was afraid that it falls apart any time. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It reminds me the carenar 1,8/50 that came with a carena cam that I bought used in the 80's. Good lens I can say average one.