Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tokina 135 2.8 ca mount?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Tokina 135 2.8 ca mount? Reply with quote

Hello,

New to the forum here, this is my first post!
Been lurking around for some time, great site & great info!

I'm mainly a pentax guy using analog camera's for 95% of the time.

Last weekend i've acquired some other photographic stuff, and there was a tokina 135 2.8 included, but i don't find any info on the type of mount is used on this lens.

Does anybody knows on which system this lens will fit?
other info on the lens is welcome ass well!

Thanks in advance,

Adam
[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/201310/big_7425_IMGP0584_3.jpg]
[/url]

Last edited by adam919 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Tokina 135 2.8 ca mount? Reply with quote

adam919 wrote:
Hello,

New to the forum here, this is my first post!
Been lurking around for some time, great site & great info!

I'm mainly a pentax guy using analog camera's for 95% of the time.

Last weekend i've acquired some other photographic stuff, and there was a tokina 135 2.8 included, but i don't find any info on the type of mount is used on this lens.

Does anybody knows on which system this lens will fit?
other info on the lens is welcome ass well!

Thanks in advance,

Adam

[img][/img]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon FD.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the 28mm 2.8 tokina which I liked very much and 135 seems to be a good lens formula with most manufacturers, it could be rather decent to use.

You won't be able to use it on the pentax system without an adaptor the utilizes a lens to correct the registration distance but given how big that FD flange looks on your lens you might be able to do a bit of surgery and convert it to a PK mount.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a copy once, just okay as it suffered from significant CA/purple fringing and contrast was on the low side.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the input!

feel kinda dumb not finding the canon fd mount myself! Embarassed

For me it's a strange mount because it looks like the opposite of a pentax k mount (camera flange external on the canon).
Don't think i'm going into surgery for this one, i already have a couple of other 135 2.8 in k mount and m42 mount.

adam

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam919 wrote:
thanks for the input!

feel kinda dumb not finding the canon fd mount myself! Embarassed

For me it's a strange mount because it looks like the opposite of a pentax k mount (camera flange external on the canon).
Don't think i'm going into surgery for this one, i already have a couple of other 135 2.8 in k mount and m42 mount.

adam

We all hear to learn brother:) I didn't know what I was looking at the first time I saw an FD lens, couldn't get my head around it without seeing it being attached to a body.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks!

did a bit of research on the lens, but all i could find out is that is't made by tokina Rolling Eyes Laughing

http://forum.mflenses.com/asanuma-auto-tele-135-2-8-surprising-results-t58828.html

will put the lens on the bay, will stay with the k-mount/m42 lenses to keep collection in control!