Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Photo Contest 2009 "Digital Culture"
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Toying with the idea that you enter and win 1st prize, which of the current Zeiss SLR lenses would you choose and why?
Distagon T* 3,5/18
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Distagon T* 2,8/21
34%
 34%  [ 8 ]
Distagon T* 2,8/25
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Distagon T* 2/28
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Distagon T* 2/35
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Planar T* 1,4/50
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Planar T* 1,4/85
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Makro-Planar T* 2/50
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Makro-Planar T* 2/100
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 23

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Photo Contest 2009 "Digital Culture" Reply with quote

1st price: Your choice of a Zeiss SLR lens. The theme for 2009 is "Digital Culture"

http://www.zeiss.com/c12567a8003b58b9/Contents-Frame/cfd3b73992b8f458c12573b5004de5b8

Quote:
The deadline for entering is Jan. 15, 2010.

Each participant can submit up to three photos. The format for all entries has to be a JPG file and the file size per image should not exceed 10 MB. All equipment classes are possible – whether Logitech, Nokia or Sony device or an SLR, medium format or rangefinder camera with a ZEISS lens. What counts is that your picture was taken with a lens from Carl Zeiss. Participants ensure that they own all rights to the submitted pictures and that the photo was taken with a ZEISS lens. The 10 winning photographs will be presented on the Carl Zeiss website.

I'll start: I already have the 1,4/85 ZF, and looking at my current line-up the logical choice would be Makro-Planar 2/100. Still, I find myself more tempted by the 2/28 Distagon - I had the privilege of using one for a weekend and it had fantastic character and fingerprint.

Last edited by Esox lucius on Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most expensive of course I would sell immediately and buy many low priced old gears Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Most expensive of course I would sell immediately and buy many low priced old gears :lol: :lol:

My thoughts exactly. =)

Although I'm not certain if the ZA series of lenses (not in the poll) is also available to choose in this contest. If so, I might consider the 135mm f/1.8 Sonnar for keeps.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st price for winner mentions only ZE, ZF.2, ZF, ZK & ZS SLR lenses.

Interesting. At my local Zeiss dealer, the Makro-Planar 2/100 costs 104 EUR more than the Distagon 2,8/21. Purchased from B&H the Makro-Planar 2/100 costs USD 282 less than the Distagon 2,8/21.

Sure, I'd be tempted to pick the most expensive and sell it, but I think the prize line-up has more interest as user lenses than as means of financing other equipment.

Edit: I'll eat my words: If I could swap the 2,8/21 for a Voigtländer 125/2.5 in Nikon mount, I wouldn't think twice Laughing

Last edited by Esox lucius on Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:52 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find anything about the rights. What to give away, what to keep. Usually there is something, somewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey wait... whether Logitech, Nokia or Sony device

Are there cell phones with Carl Zeiss lenses, and if so, which ones have manual focus and exposure? Perhaps Zeiss can develop some micro 4/3 or similar cell phone lenses so we can have an interchangeable lens cell phone. If Zeiss offered one of these super cell phones as a prize, I'd buy one just so I could enter to win it.

no, wait, there's something wrong with my logic there... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Are there cell phones with Carl Zeiss lenses, and if so, which ones have manual focus and exposure?

Yeah, actually there have been a number of Nokia mobiles with CZ lenses already:

http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolog/reviews/camera_phones/nokias_carl_zeiss_camera_phones.php

None of them however do MF, but for example in my Nokia E71 I can do exposure compensation and change whilte balance. The image quality is still crap, though, it's only a 3.2Mpix cam..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:

Are there cell phones with Carl Zeiss lenses,

I think it's more about cell phones with the Carl Zeiss name on them; the actual lenses are probably the same stuff that can be found in other cameraphones.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, I do not have one in list. And I think Attila is right.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I voted (for the 18mm), but I can't participate, cuz I don't own any Zeiss lenses at the moment.

Heh. I wonder if CZ considers CZJ to be CZ enough for this contest.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Well, I voted (for the 18mm), but I can't participate, cuz I don't own any Zeiss lenses at the moment.

I believe not CZJ nor Contax lenses allowed. I never forgive to CZ they destroy all CZJ lena lenses in Jena factory...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't knew they done such a thing .... destroying Jena lenses damn !

Apart that for the contest i think the brand Zeiss counts, so might it be a Jena, or a Contax it counts, besides the price is a lens for SLR ( and not DSLR ).

I'd choose a 85mm by the way . Just cause i'm looking for one, and i'll probabaly won't sell it. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
cooltouch wrote:

I believe not CZJ nor Contax lenses allowed. ....

I asked Zeiss if CZJ lenses were allowed. They replied

...yes, all can Zeiss lenses can be used, irrespective where or when they were produced.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko wrote:
Attila wrote:
cooltouch wrote:

I believe not CZJ nor Contax lenses allowed. ....

I asked Zeiss if CZJ lenses were allowed. They replied

...yes, all can Zeiss lenses can be used, irrespective where or when they were produced.

This is a great news!! Many thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy with the umbrella backpack. Smile
I don't need (and don't like) the new lenses and I hate iPods and cell phones.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent three photos to contest , two of them made with Carl Zeiss Jena lenses Laughing Let we see their reaction.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/filmcamera/japanese/pentax_645/pentax_645_czj_flektogon_50_mc_provia_100_41-002.jpg.html

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/zeiss/pancolar_001/czj_pancolar_80mm_f1_8/czj_pancolar_80mm_f1_8-10_001.jpg.html

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/carl_zeiss/carl_zeiss_sonnar_180mm_f2_8_MM_Japanese/Carl_Zeiss_Sonnar_180mm_f2_8_contax-10.jpg.html

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Attila!
But perhaps not "digital culture" enough. Surprised

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlsson wrote:
Nice Attila!
But perhaps not "digital culture" enough. Surprised

Exactly! I am afraid I will never win on any photography contest. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Exactly! I am afraid I will never win on any photography contest. Laughing

lol!

Here is my "digital culture" contribution (only for the forum) Smile

Planar 1.2/85, f1.2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing yes! some drunk people missing from there...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, they are all home, sitting infront of their digital equipment Smile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlsson wrote:
yep, they are all home, sitting infront of their digital equipment Smile

COOL!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I sent three photos to contest , two of them made with Carl Zeiss Jena lenses :lol: Let we see their reaction.l

Does this mean they now have rights to use those photos however they choose, regardless of the outcome of the competition?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkku wrote:
Attila wrote:
I sent three photos to contest , two of them made with Carl Zeiss Jena lenses Laughing Let we see their reaction.l

Does this mean they now have rights to use those photos however they choose, regardless of the outcome of the competition?

I think yes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlsson wrote:
I would be happy with the umbrella backpack. Smile
I don't need (and don't like) the new lenses and I hate iPods and cell phones.

I could have written that! Thankyou so much - until I read it I thought I was the one and only true fuddy-duddy! Smile