Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1922 Douglas Model W/22
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: 1922 Douglas Model W/22 Reply with quote

from ...http://barbermuseum.org/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic, leather belt drive too-another great choice, and pretty unusual too Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!
Is that really a leather belt-drive?

Also, is this the same Douglas which later became McDonnell-Douglas,
the aerospace engineering firm?

Correction: I see that it's not likely the same Douglas which was merged
with McDonnell. Then again, who am I to know?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A veritable motor-bicycle! The funny thing is that the new electric powered-assisted bikes are really quite similar.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. The belt is a leather link belt. It allowed you to shorten or lengthen it to adjust the tension. Also if a section wore out you didn't need to replace the whole thing. Not related to the Douglas of McDonald-Douglas.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Douglas were related to Westinghouse as a company and after giving up m/c building assembled Italian scooters (Vespas I think) under licence for a good few years Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poolhall wrote:
Douglas were related to Westinghouse as a company and after giving up m/c building assembled Italian scooters (Vespas I think) under licence for a good few years Very Happy

Useful info there. Thanks