Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Glenfinnan Viaduct.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Glenfinnan Viaduct. Reply with quote

EOS 5D + EF24-105L @ 60mm:

Last edited by bob955i on Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My family is Harry Potter fan so sometimes a must have place to visit, superb capture Bob! What about to make a pano shoot with Thobia's method ?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good, but on my monitor I see a slight green cast.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Attila a pano would be an excellent idea,Love the mountain scenery.Keep them coming!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful, it looks like a XIX century watercolored print.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great image! Scotland is so beautiful.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...looks like an oil painting.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with all the above. This is stellar (but should it not be in the AF gallery?)

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super shot Bob Congratulatons! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really great shot, ... perfect smooth light there, wich made pastell-like colors.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
I agree with all the above. This is stellar (but should it not be in the AF gallery?)

yes, it should be in AF gallery because the image itself is 1024 pixel (the added white frame pixels should not count in my opinion).

And yet, truly a breathtaking view, as most Scot land views are, especially when taken by Bob.

I personally would wish that it was taken by MF lens Wink but you can't have everything Rolling Eyes Laughing

I must go to visit Scotland absolutely.
Scotland, Ireland, Iceland, and to get back to Norway, these places are all on my wished travels book.
But with my work, it is so difficult for me to put together enough consecutive free time to travel Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent shot, Bob. Just refreshed my memory by looking at Google Earth and I'm surprised to see the viaduct is quite an arc in plan. I'd forgotten that about it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful landscape and a fantasic capture.
The light and the contrast is perfect in my opinion. Looks like a painting.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
Excellent shot, Bob. Just refreshed my memory by looking at Google Earth and I'm surprised to see the viaduct is quite an arc in plan. I'd forgotten that about it.

Form Bob's picture it shows, and in my opinion this is what makes an already beautiful scenery, special.

All curved lines feel more "organic" and fit better in a natural landscape in my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An absolutely wonderful shot, many thanks for sharing Smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys.

@ Attila and Mo-Fo:

Re panos...

I've shot this particular view at 17mm, 20mm and 35mm in the past and top and tailed the images etc. but always seem to come back to 50 - 60mm as the scene loses much of it's balance and impact when shot at a wider FOV as there is very little of interest at the sides. I've also shot it with the P6 and the RB67 and again, I prefer a normal lens with the 6x7 format looking a bit more balanced than the 6x6 that I would almost certainly crop to rectangular.

The other reason for a lack of panos is hardware based in that my computer is rather old now and is quite slow at opening existing single 5D files never mind stitching a series. I'm still using Photoshop Elements 2 too as although I haven't tried the current version of Elements, the machine won't run CS4 as the graphics aren't up to scratch.

@ Dave and Orio:

Very few people shoot the view from this point as it's a two mile walk in, followed by a 300' climb up the side of the glen - instead they all troop to the point just above the visitor centre which is visible just to the left of the monument located approximately at the top RH corner of the bottom LH third. Much easier to get to, but nowhere near as nice a view IMO - and the viaduct looks straight from this viewpoint. I usually load up a Pro-Trekker backpack with the Bessaflex, 5D, RB67 and P6 + lenses and tripod and can do the hike + climb in about 20-25 minutes if I'm in a bit of a hurry... Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pano technic not means only wide , Tobias did show in past normal scene like taken with 50mm lens, but with stitched from many images resolution was awesome lot better than taken same subject with any single lens.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Pano technic not means only wide , Tobias did show in past normal scene like taken with 50mm lens, but with stitched from many images resolution was awesome lot better than taken same subject with any single lens.

I know but I'd still have the same hardware limitations as my machine is not really up to stitching multiple images whether letterbox or multi-row.

It can take about 25 minutes to stitch a 20 image pano and that's assuming it doesn't crash while doing so and I don't need to tweak anything.

Already been there with this - I'd be quicker going back to my original method from 20 years ago of assembling panos from carefully trimmed and cut prints. Or painting it... Wink Laughing

What I'd really like to do though is a 10 shot RB67 Velvia multi-row... Twisted Evil Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing