Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZ Tele-Tessar 4/135
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: CZ Tele-Tessar 4/135 Reply with quote

Hi,

got this lens Carl Zeiss Tele-Tessar 4/135 mm in unused condition. No aperture ring at the lens. Seems to be for a Zeiss Ikon. Does anyone know this mount and for what kind of cam ?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf -
At first I thought it might be missing part of its mount. Do you think that's possible? Or, and I'm not sure about this, could it be for a Contaflex 126? It's been so long since i saw one I can't remember what the lens mount was. Or even if there was a 135 for it! Sorry, not much help Smile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say either Contaflex or Contarex
(I am not familiar with any of those mounts).

The same lens was also made for Rollei and for the Ikon Icarex, but in this case, I know both these mounts and they are different.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I would say either Contaflex or Contarex
(I am not familiar with any of those mounts).

The same lens was also made for Rollei and for the Ikon Icarex, but in this case, I know both these mounts and they are different.

It's neither Contaflex nor Contarex, the first was interchangeable front component type, and I can remember the Contarex well enough to be sure. It might help to see a pic of the entire lens, but the more I look at the illustration the more it looks to me to have something missing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Contaflex 126.

I have a Contaflex 126 kit that Larry very kindly sent me a while back and this mount is identical to that on the lenses in the kit.

Which includes a Tele-Tessar 4/135...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for your assistance.

Yes Bob, your have right. It is for a Contaflex 126. Did you use your cam/lens in the meantime ?

Thanks again
Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Thanks all for your assistance.

Yes Bob, your have right. It is for a Contaflex 126. Did you use your cam/lens in the meantime ?

Thanks again
Wink

No problem Rolf - I thought the mount looked familiar.

Although Larry also very generously included a couple of 126 cartridges, I regret to say that I haven't, which is a pity as it's a very capable little system.

There's no one locally that will develop 126 anymore and the last place that had 126 film, no longer has any. It is possible to use 35mm film in the 126 cartridge if one can open it in the first place without too much damage and still keep it light tight but I only have the two that Larry sent me and was looking at knocking something reusable together using them as templates.