Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

PVC Hoods, homemade.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: PVC Hoods, homemade. Reply with quote

They are made with PVC pipes, molded or glued.
You just have to find a similar measure to our need.

no vignetting, made to the limit. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the ingenuity (as a DIYer) Wink

I will also say that PVC is pretty heavy...I personally wouldn't carry them around.

In the spring, there will be about 30" of 3" PVC in my car for the stereo... Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: PVC Hoods, homemade. Reply with quote

Very nice work. Any instructions or hints on how you made them? I know that PVC can be softened by boiling it in water but how did you shape them so uniformly?

Thanks
Mike

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: PVC Hoods, homemade. Reply with quote

mjww wrote:
Very nice work. Any instructions or hints on how you made them? I know that PVC can be softened by boiling it in water but how did you shape them so uniformly?

Thanks
Mike

Molded with hot air, is looking for a mold that serves our purpose, preferably metal. The hood of the Sonnar 180 2.8 is a reduction of a measure of pipe to another.
It needs and imagination.
Greetings