Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1930's america
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: 1930's america Reply with quote

http://www.openmyeyeslord.net/ALookBackInHistory.htm

a very interesting look back to the 30's in America, including the old Kodak color film boxes...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I love Kodachrome colors! And some remarkable shots there, I liked this one a lot:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting how Dorothea Lange got famous and the woman in the pic got bugger all.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seymore wrote:
Well told story... with the limited number of images used. The history of America, post depression. It's been said that we may be heading there (the Great Depression) again. Time will tell.

Instead of soup kitchens it'll be burger stalls.
Anyway, the best music comes out of hard times.
#Oh, I woke up this morning and had to sell my lenses...

Quote:

BTW, for those using IE or FF, use the STOP button on your browser to stop the music.

Or this

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this photo:

It kind of reminds me of this one taken a couple of months ago with an early SV, Super Tak 55mm f1.8 on Kodak BW400cn.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have missed this thread but Im glad I found it. Thise are some very interesting photos. I can relate to the city pics.

I found this one to be the most interesting. It reminds me of some of the neighborhoods in Chicago.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an utter fire-trap that would be!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our city is full of these row houses...and fire traps they are. Pretty much if one goes a few other follow suit.

Here is one street.

Awesome pics. Damn Kodak for quiting on Kodachrome.