Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Winter Flowers with Fuji Sensia 100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Winter Flowers with Fuji Sensia 100 Reply with quote

Spring has just barely come to Michigan so the best place to find flowers is in a greenhouse. Smile These were taken during the winter at the Belle Isle conservatory in Detroit.

I used a Yashica Electro 35 GSN and Fuji Sensia 100 slide film.

The GSN isn't the best for taking flower pictures because the minimum focusing distance is about 0.8 meters, so I couldn't get as close as I wanted to some of the flowers. I think the colors came out pretty well here, and I love the sharpness of the Yashica.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn fine result ! Especially second one. What scanner did you use ?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good ol' Electro 35 does it again! Really fine images. The Sensia
seems to have slightly cool colors, at least to me. And that's not a
BAD thing, just an observation. Great work, man!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice. I love the second one.

I also want to know what scanner you used.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your kind comments! And your keen observation. Wink

I use a Canon Canoscan 4400F flatbed scanner. I think it was the cheapest one I could find which was able to scan film. Smile When it comes to scanning film I prefer to scan slides because the scanner is not nearly as tempermental scanning mounted slides as when scanning strips of film. I am still learning to get the most out of this relatively cheap scanner, but it seems to work well with this Sensia film.

The Yashica is a great camera. This is only my third roll of film since I got the camera a couple months ago and I am beginning to see why so many users talk about it in glowing terms.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No 2 for me because of the unusual colours.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

second one keenest for me, too ...