Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

List of lens diagrams: triplets, planars & hybrid lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This scheme looks a bit weird. It looks like 8/4, but it should be probably 5/4(?)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
This scheme looks a bit weird. It looks like 8/4, but it should be probably 5/4(?)

It's just a weird way to draw an optical scheme. I edited it to highlight the actual glass elements.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be interesting to also include fixed-lens cameras, a comparison between the fl Ultron, Solagon, Xenon etc.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, where can I find the Voigtlander 50mm f/2 Septon? (http://www.taunusreiter.de/Cameras/Bessa_RF_histo.html)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be nice to see in the list also Olympus Zuiko lenses, and Minolta Manual Focus lenses... here is the source for Minolta's:
www.rokkor-x.narod.ru/user_manuals/rokkors_schems/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess my beloved Zuiko 50/1.2 is a 7e/6g double gauss?

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/olympusom1n2/shared/zuiko/htmls/50mm1.htm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...some Exakta mount lenses schemes (Quinon,Westagon,Westanar,Quinar etc.) can be found in the "Exakta Unlimited" PDF manual here:
www.butkus.org/chinon/exakta/exakta_unlimited/exakta_unlimited.htm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax Super Takumar 50/1.4 (early version, 8 elements, without thorium glass):

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one is an enhanced triplet (added last lens).

The last one is mostly referenced as UNILITE type, a simplified Planar type.

http://www.taunusreiter.de/Cameras/Wrayflex.html

The lens design overview is an excellent idea!

Last edited by taunusreiter on Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:37 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relayer wrote:
its not UNILITE type. UNILITE have design 1-2 | 1-1, but Fujinon have 1-1 | 2-1

Oh, just the other way around.
We see the same at the Zeiss 100/2.8 Planar (MF; 6x9)

Is that lens good at f/1.6? A speed of f/2 is a bit critical with 5 element lenses, and f/1.6 sounds adventuresome.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lantan wrote:
Pentax Super Takumar 50/1.4 (early version, 8 elements, without thorium glass):

The lens scheme is already present in my current list of hybrid designs, but I just noticed I forgot to publish the last version of it... Thanks anyway Smile

Relayer: My target was to introduce just a few examples for every lens design. Not to include every single lens ever done... but I understand Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taunusreiter wrote:
Is that lens good at f/1.6? A speed of f/2 is a bit critical with 5 element lenses, and f/1.6 sounds adventuresome.

I'd try, but I'm short of money at the moment. One 55/1.6 is available on ebay - and not too expensive:

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relayer: Done

+ added some other designs: fujinon/unar, elmar, orthoscope, tair, hektor, telyt...

list of triplets, v.5:

PDF: high quality / optimized

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all thanks for that imprssive informations collectrion.

I just found a picture, not from me, but from a selling siteof a truncated planar (1.8 50) for rollei. I thought it were relevant to post it there.

The seller argued it has been used in photokina. (but he ask a little bit too much, just for satisfying my curiosity : 300€)

I post here this for comparaison, taken from no-X file :

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selenium_27: The lens shown on your picture is the later Glatzels version (front element is convexo-concave). I used the earlier Tronniers version as example (front element concavo-convex). But it's really nice demonstration, thanks Smile

Anyway, I have one correction of a mistake in my list of triplets - related to Meyer Helioplan 40/4.5.

In the beginning of my research I found, that this lens is based on simple triplet. Later, when I bought one, I discovered, that the lens definately consists of 4 elements (not 3), so I pressumed, that the lens is Ernostar design. But now I discovered, that it isn't.

I prepared a drawing to make the difference visible:

The front surface of 2nd element isn't convex, but concave. That means, that the lens isn't typical Ernostar design. Honestly, I have no idea how to clasify it. It is a bit similar to simple 4-element double-gauss lens, but DG lens consists of postive and negative meniscus lenses - these are just simple biconvex and biconcave. On the other hand, now I understand, why Meyer called this design "double-anastigmat". It's a fully symetrical lens...

I'll correct this in the next version of our list.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jupiter 21M - 200mm f4. That design is?
Thanks to all.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simplified Sonnar like Sonnars/Jupiters 135/3.5 + 135/4 (1-2 | 1). It's already present in next version I'm preparing Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
Simplified Sonnar like Sonnars/Jupiters 135/3.5 + 135/4 (1-2 | 1). It's already present in next version I'm preparing Smile
Deservedly, the pictures of one and other are so similar
Many Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finaly found exact optical diagram of Primoplan 75/1.9. Maybe somebody sought it too...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
cooltouch wrote:
I suppose I should mention this: I've recently been going through some of my old collections of photo-related publications, and I have some items that members here might find interesting.

I have never seen an optical diagram to Micro Nikkor 105/2.8 (Ai-S). Do you have one? Smile

Sorry I didn't see this question before now. Yes, I have it. The 105mm f/2.8 Ai-S Micro-Nikkor from the 1985 edition of The Eyes of Nikon, p.152:

I just took a quick pic of the lens rather than scanning it. Good enough for this sort of thing, I guess.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Sorry I didn't see this question before now. Yes, I have it. The 105mm f/2.8 Ai-S Micro-Nikkor from the 1985 edition of The Eyes of Nikon, p.152:

I just took a quick pic of the lens rather than scanning it. Good enough for this sort of thing, I guess.

MANY thanks! This is the first optical diagram of this lens I've ever seen anywhere! Do you want to send it to the guy supporting http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/photography.htm ? They don't have this diagram, and I'm pretty sure they'd love to!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly, Ai-S Micro Nikkor 105/2.8 is quite similar to the AF version - yet the MF lens is slightly more complex. Also, it strikes me how Nikon used the "Planar + 4-element TC" scheme to build a macro lens that is essentially similar to a 50mm lens used with a focusing teleconverter such as Vivitar 2x Macro Focusing TC.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking for a scheme for Prakticar PM 2.8/28mm Pentacon MC lens. Does anybody know where I could find it or maybe somebody even has it...Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the same as Meyer/Pentacon 29/2.8:

http://www.praktica-users.com/lens/mlenses/morp2.8_29.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you No-X! I took it apart and actually found that it slightly differs. For instance I've got only 6 pieces of glass regardless what it says on that site (7 elements and 7 groups).