Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ludwig-Dresden Victar, Certo Super Sport Dolly 1938
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Ludwig-Dresden Victar, Certo Super Sport Dolly 1938 Reply with quote

The Victar is an uncoated triplet, not as good as the Skopar in the Bessa 66 from the same period, but capable of a nice vintage effect.

I'd converted the Super Sport Dolly to pinhole for a while, then put the lens back on. I had to vacuum the bellows because I noticed dust on the film.

Ilford XP2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know these aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I'm enjoying the vintage look, accentuating it with the scan curves.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... if not for anyone else I like them a lot. Actually i prefer to use these old folders to achieve similar effects (which are unacheivable with PS). I always joke with Attila saying that if I'd want sharp and contrasty pictures I would use Pentacon Six or Pentax 645 cameras, not a folder from the '30-50.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the photos of the lake, very nice, good vintage feel Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like these stuff really a lot - very moody and restful results.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best I've managed with my copy...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got some really nice shots there. The house is really very good indeed. It looks as if bright areas flare a little.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just won one of these in M39 mount. I hope I enjoy it as much as the Meritar!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's M39 mount and I need to add some extension tubes to get it to focus. Any ideas as to what camera it may have come off of?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely results.

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a portrait?...does it achieve the vintage look as in the old portrait photos.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Fo wrote:
What about a portrait?...does it achieve the vintage look as in the old portrait photos.

Good point I guess, I have also this lens and I say pretty crap to me , but use as a soft lens for portraits perhaps works really.