Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I got hooked again......!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: I got hooked again......! Reply with quote

A couple of days ago I managed to buy a bunch of Exakta's (3) and an EXA with two boxes of various stuff for 55 euro's (about $75). The three Exakta's were really junk; full of fungus and badly rusted (too bad). The EXA is reasonably good just will have to have it CLA-ed.
But now the good news: I managed to salvage the lenses.
This is what I got :
JENA Pancolar 2/50 no.9987943
JENA 2,8/50 no.6011317
SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH Tele-Xenar 3,5/135 no.9987943
SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH Curtagon 4/28 no.9951049
Vivitar+Fodor 2x teleconverter
+ a lot of misc.stuff

What do you think,did I get a good deal for my 75 bucks Wink?

RON

Last edited by wombat on Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Ron. Yes you got a very good deal. I have the Curtagon and love its rendition - not extremely sharp, but has the 3D quality.

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

Yes, well done. Pancolar, Tele-Xenar and Curtagon are great "names".

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay ...

+1 for the Xenar and Curtagon lenses. Moreover, your 50/2.8 should be a Tessar ...

Nevertheless, i have never seen a Jena Pancolor 50/2. It is just a misspelling of Pancolar (but, in such a case, it should be 1.8, not 2) or it is a different lens ? Could you please post a picture of the lens ?

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right...misspelled it : should be Pancolar. But it is a 2/50. I've even got 2 different versions of this lens

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wombat wrote:
You're right...misspelled it : should be Pancolar. But it is a 2/50. I've even got 2 different versions of this lens

I've got the M42 version of the one on the left - it's a lovely-looking lens, unfortunately it's in pretty bad shape at the moment and is due to go under the surgeon's (my) knife (tools) this weekend!

Nice catch on those lenses at that price Wink