Manual Focus Lenses Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch|Quick search    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Rss feed   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Konica AR mount to Nikon F-mount adapter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manual Focus Lenses Forum Index -> Adapters and other accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KDS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Konica AR mount to Nikon F-mount adapter Reply with quote

Hello

I've recently started to practise my photographing skills with my Nikon D80 DSLR camera. I have an old Konica Hexanon MF 50mm objective which I found lying around in my closet in good condition. So my question is: Is there an adapter available which allows me to use that Konica objective with my Nikon D80? If I understand correctly, Konica uses AR-mount and Nikon F-mount so the adapter I'm looking for is AR to F-mount adapter.

I have read from:

www.buhla.de/Foto/Konica/Zubehoer/eAdapter.html

that Konica has manufactured Konica to Nikon mount adapters but I cant find them anywhere. So do you know where to get this AR to F adapter or does these adapters even exist anymore?

Thanks for your replys!

-KDS
SVP

Level 3

Expire: 2014-12-04

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!
The adapter you refer to was indeed produced by Konica for mounting Nikon F lenses on Konica AR bodies (Konica mount having a 6mm shorter register than Nikon mount) and from time to time it becomes available on eBay and elsewhere (at rather high prices, of course).
What you're looking for is the opposite (i.e. enabling mounting of Konica Hexanon AR lenses to Nikon bodies) and I don't think that such an adapter ever existed: although technically possible, it wouldn't make much sense since it would act as a short extension tube due to the said register difference (therefore good only for macro work and impossible to reach infinity).
KDS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your fast reply.

Its a shame that I cant use my Hexanon lens on my Nikon body because it is said that Hexanon lenses are pretty good in overall quality. But thanks anyways about that info so I dont waste my time searching that adapter which doesn't even exist Smile.

-KDS
Attila

Level 4

Expire: 2016-11-18

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KDS wrote:
Thanks for your fast reply.

Its a shame that I cant use my Hexanon lens on my Nikon body because it is said that Hexanon lenses are pretty good in overall quality. But thanks anyways about that info so I dont waste my time searching that adapter which doesn't even exist Smile.

-KDS

Real shame you can't use almost any other 35mm lenses on Nikon body with simple adapter. This was main reason why I did switch to 4/3.

35mm: Konica A4, Konica IIIA, Konica FC-1
MF: Konica Pearl I,II,III 6x4,5 Konica Semi Pearl
Film: Foma,Kodak, Fuji DIY development C41, FOMA LQR
Scan: Epson V500, scanassist (http://www.scanassist.org)
Shutter tester: LCD tester from member vfmoto
Digital: Panasonic G1, Sony Nex-3, Samsung NX100
Lenses: Konica Hexanons,Carl Zeiss,Carl Zeiss Jena,Meyer-Optik,Minolta MD,Yashica ML,Nikon,Olympus OM
DIY E-6,C41 and B&W
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manual Focus Lenses Forum Index -> Adapters and other accessories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: