Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Industar-50 3.5 5cm - film lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Industar-50 3.5 5cm - film lens? Reply with quote

Anyone here to identify that little lens?

Just brought that (a similar one) back from a camera fair...

Well, it seems to be for a Kiev-16 film camera. Any idea what it's register is? The thread mount is 27mm diameter...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exact . Rafcamera is selling a copy and describe it as a lens for Kiev-16 movie camera.
The first type was a copy of a Bell&Howell magazine Movie camera
http://www.xs4all.nl/~wichm/kievc3.jpg
http://www.ussrphoto.com/wiki/default.asp?WikiCatID=62&ParentID=58&ContentID=514

http://rafcamera.com/industar50-lens-for-kiev16-camera-3550mm-coated-p-670.html

oops ! same picture ? Wink

It is possible that the register is close to the C mount, but Luiz Paracampo describes the mount "different".
I have a Bell&Howell 200 magazine with TTH and angénieux lenses , in C mount.

Last edited by Helios on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(sorry, yes, I took Rafaels picture... Embarassed )

No, it is NOT c-mount which is 25.4mm thread, that one is 27mm and the register is also VERY different
- this is why I asked....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Klaus, Ok, sometimes people make false measurements with their old wood school rules Smile , 25,4 -> 27mm , but I knew it was impossible to make this kind of mistake for you , Klaus ! The only website which could gave the information was closed with Yahoo geocities (russiancamera) . I'll try the wayback machine...

Last edited by Helios on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Helios,

that's very kind of you!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus, it was not so difficult for me to guess that you can use a comfortable metrology "environment" , wasn't it ? Very Happy

I have a basic gear of measuring tools (callipers, micrometers (digital and analogic)) , thread gauges sets (imperial, metric) , and it is almost enough to measure anything on lenses ...
An empirical method with a bellows , DIY mount (body cap ) , and hacked focusing screen, is able to give a 1/10mm precision measure of the register (depthcalliper), however. I made it for a meniscus lens ...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As this thing seems to be no more than a classic SLR Industar 50/3.5 with an extension ring, I think it is possible to calculate the register with the length of the extention tube compared to the lens for M42 mount Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right ! It is perhaps the same kind of mount than ltm-39 I-50, which is a m-39 I-50 (zenit) with an extension tube (with focusing transmission , however) , but the picture dont show us an extension at the rear ....