Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon TV ZOOM LENS J10x11 11-110mm 1:1.6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Canon TV ZOOM LENS J10x11 11-110mm 1:1.6 Reply with quote

Exact name:
Canon TV ZOOM LENS J10x11 11-110mm 1:1.6 No. 105353 MADE IN JAPAN

Right now I've an E-P1 sent from Olympus Turkey for testing. I don't have an dapter as it came without a prior warning so I just put the lens in front of the body but the lens was touching to the inner body so no inner movement is possible unless I file the back metal.

11mm, f/1.6, not properly focused

110mm, f/1.6, not great focus Smile

I've bought this lens for using with my future Micro Four Thirds body a year ago for 10USD so not big loss but I was expecting less mechanical vignetting Sad

The back elemant has 15mm radius. I guess this is a 8mm cine lens.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-mount, too small image diameter also.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the white ep1! i couldnt get one in white, tho i tried!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

D-mount?
I haven't heard of it before.
Is there any info on web?
I couldn't find any Sad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice white e-p1, look like a lens cap for the canon Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yalcinaydin wrote:
kds315* wrote:

D-mount?
I haven't heard of it before.
Is there any info on web?
I couldn't find any Sad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_mount

oh forgot, its the first entry in the list, just in case...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Klaus. So this lens will be an accessory on the shelf Smile

By the way, white E-P1 was a limited edition version I guess as it is discontinued a few days ago.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yalcinaydin wrote:
Thanks Klaus. So this lens will be an accessory on the shelf Smile

Maybe, maybe not. I have an old Wollensak D-mount lens, a 1/2" (12.7mm) f/2.5, that I reverse mounted to a lens cap and which I use for very high magnification photography. If you can find an adapter ring that will allow you to thread your TV zoom to another lens, face to face, you should be able to use it for macro work, and it might actually do a decent job.

I glued my Wollensak, reversed, to a 49mm lens cap, and I mount it to the front of my Tamron 90mm macro. It works well, and there's surprisingly no vignetting. I posted a thread here several months ago showing some results:

http://forum.mflenses.com/wollensak-8mm-cine-lens-for-macro-t21588,highlight,wollensak.html

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael,
I forgot the reverse macro part Smile
I used it with my 5D as reverse macro ad even on beloows (results were bad) Smile
Lens is hard to use as stop down metering due to some missing parts so using a reversed 28mm lens feels easier.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yalcin
I am buying these types of zoom also, but have yet to find one in that mount. Maybe rare.

Two thoughts occur:

1 The lens may be for a 2/3 or 16mm but has been fitted with a restricted mount as a way of using it on an 8mm or super 8 camera. How secure is the mount and its housing? Removing both may leave you with a lens that will give a better image. Many of the older c-mount lenses, particulary cosmicar or pentax, are actually 35mm lenses useable on 35mm cameras if a mount is swapped. All you then have to do is find a suitable mount.....

2 The way microcircuits are heading, it will not be long before an interchangeable 2/3 or so camera may be brought out? Possibly not. There are limits to the utility of such a camera.

Thanks for the warning!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Canon video lenses designation, usually, "J" stays for 2/3" and "H" for 1/2".
So a Jxxx lens is designed for 2/3" video camera and Yxxx for a 1/2" video camera.

From the pictures you posted, it seems an industrial/suirveillance lens, maybe late 80's or mid 90's.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Canon video zoom lens designations Reply with quote

I think the 0.5 inch designator is YHxxxx?

There is also a Vxxx which may be for 1 inch.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found pictures of the lens with a AF box attached.
I also think that this a surveilance camera lens.
It is a bit big and heavy for it though Smile
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon video zoom lens designations Reply with quote

pat donnelly wrote:
I think the 0.5 inch designator is YHxxxx?

There is also a Vxxx which may be for 1 inch.

The "Y" before the "J" or "H" indicates the professional level grade (lower and less costly than the broadcast one).