Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ 135 3.5 aperature substitute
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: CZJ 135 3.5 aperature substitute Reply with quote

I found my CZJ 135 3.5 aperature stuck last week. I tried to clean it myself... however, I broke on of the aperature blade during installation after cleaning!
Do any lens (which should be cheap) have similar aperature structure with CZJ 135? So that I can find "parts" to repair my CZJ!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: CZJ 135 3.5 aperature substitute Reply with quote

yuen_kei wrote:
I found my CZJ 135 3.5 aperature stuck last week. I tried to clean it myself... however, I broke on of the aperature blade during installation after cleaning!
Do any lens (which should be cheap) have similar aperature structure with CZJ 135? So that I can find "parts" to repair my CZJ!!!

IMHO your best bet is to find a battered CZJ 135 3.5 with big scratches on the optics. Should be really ceap and you get lots of spare blades Smile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Repairing the Zeiss 135/3,5 is sometimes tricky, I found out by myself Smile I didn't brake the blades but one spring got missing...

I uploaded a part of the Zeiss repair manual, at the end of the pdf you will find a (maybe incomplete) list of different blade types (diameter). If you find another lens with same blade diameter (and shape!) of yours, you may use them for repair.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: CZJ 135 3.5 aperature substitute Reply with quote

Thanks martyn_bannister, I have been looking for such a lens with scratch and fugus for some time, but there is not much on ebXX. Are there any other sources where I can look for?

Thanks Gonzoo, it's tricky, especially it is very hard to "re-install" the smaller spring...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: CZJ 135 3.5 aperature substitute Reply with quote

yuen_kei wrote:

Thanks Gonzoo, it's tricky, especially it is very hard to "re-install" the smaller spring...

I know exactly what you mean Smile

As far as I remember there was a guide at flickr, how to reinstall that spring with ease but I dont have that url handy.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there are CZJ 135/3.5 in other mount (e.g. Carl Zeiss Jena Prakticar 3.5/135 MC ) other than M42, aren't there?
If positive, are the aperature of them identical? So, I can replace my broken one in the M42 lens...