Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My Favorite Helios 44-3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: My Favorite Helios 44-3 Reply with quote

Inspired by Tharos I thought I would post some of my own 44-3 images.
I have two of these amazing lenses, an 84 and a 93. The earlier version is a notch better than the later due to better coating, and perhaps, better quality control. I refer to to the 44-3 as "the Jesus lens". I don't mean to be sacrilegious. It's just that the lens is that good!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great set... I agree that the lense is really great and surprisingly cheap. If we go like this we will raise the prices Smile

My personal favourites are the leaves and the doll pictures.

All pix taken with the 84 model one or mixed?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are some really great examples of what this lens can offer in the right hands - lovely work, and cool subjects Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Mal1905.
Tharos, It's a mixed set between the two lenses but it's definitely mostly the older one. Sorry I did not keep more exact track of things. I know it's not autofocus, but with this lens I feel like I got one of those expensive Pentax limiteds, or Canon L's, at a bargain price. Actually I'm doing the 44-3 a disservice by comparing it to any other manufacturer. It's definitely in a category of it's own. Belomo rules!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice artistic series
#1 look like a painting with the beautiful bokeh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics, i really liked them very much but number 1 is my fav.
I have 44-4 and i think there are differences between these 44 series.
Of course i appreciate the photographer Wink Good work Jeff Zen!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good set shows off the colours so well, 1,3 and 4 for me are excellent Very Happy