Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Raynox 28mm anyone used this before
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject: Raynox 28mm anyone used this before Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay
looks interesting?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosina.

As per Bill (Casualcollector) the diamond focus mark is a giveaway for Cosina.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the price worth it?I have a Soligor 28 so not that desperate. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what prices are like in Australia, but in the US $10 would be reasonable for that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the free shipping added a not too bad deal. If it is Cosina made I think you will quite happy and spending about the same for a K mount Cosina I bought a while back.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Cima, AKA Cimko, on this one. Some, not all of their lenses used the diamond reference mark. Some, again, not all, used the "C" prefix on the serial #.

American chain store K-Mart sold the same lens branded Focal.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops! Got that wrong. Cimko it was.

Like the lights in Europe in 1914, my brain cells are going out one by one.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, I had the same lens and it was good. Nothing stellar, though.
The Vivitar 2.8/28 e.g. is better and you also find this Viv for very little money.

The Raynox is a solid lens that will not be a cause for disappointment but it is nothing that you will tell your grandkids about. Wink

The price for the Raynox is not cheap but OK.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have convinced me to sit and wait for a better choice.Not to rush in and buy any thing that moves which I have been guilty of in the past.I sort of know what I want now after having tried a few different lenses and I think it's better to wait and get what you really want Wink ....or if a ten dollar special turns up!