Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Teaser: Angenieux 35-70mm autumn shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Teaser: Angenieux 35-70mm autumn shots Reply with quote

Thanks to member Henry ("hinnerker") I was tempted when I saw that Zoom lens for sale. So here some results...

3dimensionalty + bokeh test shot at f4 (one stop stepped down since a bit soft wide open)

@35mm:

@50mm:

@70mm:

Sharpness + contrast at infinity, shot at f4:

@35mm:

@50mm:

@70mm:

Resolution is highest at f=70mm I would say

also close up

Bokek test, different apertures @70mm:

fully open (quite soft, less contrast)

stepped down f8

Autumn impressions incl. macro mode: color, contrast, resolution (all full frame, stopped down 1 stop)

All shots just resized, straight from the cam, no sharpening color or contrast mod. in cam or later applied.

Well to be honest, I am quite impressed about the high contrast, vivid colors and also the good sharpness for that zoom lens. No wonder Angenieux has such a famous reputation esp. in the film lens industry!
(I just wished they had the lens barrel made out of metal and not that high tech macrolon or whatever and the lettering would not come off that easily.)

Just a word of caution: that lens is sensitive to flare, so be careful not to get sun or stray light into the lens, a good shunshade is a must (I used the one provided in the set, which falls off easily). I would also not use the lens wide open, but stop down 1 stop, then is is very sharp and contrasty. The macro mode provided is astonishingly good for such a non-macro lens.

Flare - the difference one step out of direct sunlight makes

Last edited by kds315* on Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good insight in this fine lens' performance.
This is a fascinating piece of glass indeed!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well my £16 Tamron SP 35-80mm will have to do for me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:

+1

I like some close up sample pretty much, great subject selection.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Excalibur wrote:

+1

I like some close up sample pretty much, great subject selection.

A hobby in itself can be trying to equal the excellent IQ photos (posted here) using top/expensive lenses..by lenses at a fraction of the price.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, the photographer "makes" the image, neither the camera nor the lens, not a very new wisdom!

This was not about great photos, these are test shots showing how a (that) lens performs .... Wink Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus

Thanks for the samples of this unusual lens. I keep seeing the reports about this manufacturer, but I think this is the first series demonstrating one of the range that I have seen. Expensive glass, but looks very good

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since that is great glass, but I'm not really a zoom guy, so if anyone wants such a lens contact me, I have a quite modest price.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens is up for sale now in the Marketplace section here!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The colour rendition is fantastic!

This lens must be great to have Wink

tf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks tf,

here it is for sale it you want one:
http://forum.mflenses.com/fs-angenieux-2-5-3-3-35-70mm-in-pentax-k-mount-t22302.html