Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EOS Converted 85/1.2 SSC Aspherical on E-bay
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: EOS Converted 85/1.2 SSC Aspherical on E-bay Reply with quote

For anyone who is interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140358767233

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, although the conversion looks a bit clumsy.

Cogitech, you've done this conversion, haven't you? Is it reversible?

I keep telling myself "I will not convert my 85/1.2 . . . I will not convert my 85/1.2 . . . I will not convert my 85/1.2 . . ."

But I find my resolve slipping. If I had the funds for a μ4/3 camera, I'd be tempted to go in that direction.

Last edited by cooltouch on Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the confusion, that is my lens.

Sorry about my hack job on the mount, but it is very sturdy and it makes no difference once it is mounted on the camera. The images that come out of it are what matter Smile

One could do the conversion in a reversible way. I did not.

And the obvious question is; "Why?"

And the answer is; "Because I really need the money."

Last edited by cogitech on Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, sorry. Guess I was being overly picky. Comes from my being a custom guitar builder, I suppose, and having clients that can get in a snit over the tiniest of flaws. Hey, it's just cosmetics, anyway.

Seems like I recall seeing documentation of this conversion somewhere. Was it yours I'm thinking of?

So, I gotta ask, cuz I know you're really fond of your 85/1.2 SSC -- why are you selling it? I haven't had mine for very long, so I'm wondering if there's some drawback that you know about that I haven't discovered yet.

Last edited by cooltouch on Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was editing my post as you posted. See above Wink

I really do love the lens. I just can't afford to keep it.

I have also just sold my Voigtlander 125/2.5 Macro-APO-Lanthar (EOS mount), and I still have more to sell.

Like I said. I need the money Sad

Anyone interested in an Olympus OM Zuiko-MC 24-40mm f4 prototype? It's the only one in existence, as far as I know... http://www.cogitech.ca/photos/24-40/index.html There may be 4 others, but I have never seen or heard of them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. I was editing while you were. Cool

Well, unfortunately, I can certainly understand. As 60s hippies might say, "I can relate, man." Recently I've been going through my accumulated junk and treasures, trying to decide which, of the stuff that might have some market value, I can afford to sell and not miss sometime later on down the road. I've made this same mistake with my photo gear more than once, and I am determined not to do so again.

Anybody wanna buy a guitar? Cool

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have an acoustic guitar and an electric bass; both of which I have no idea how to play Sad

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooo . . . sell those, then, and keep the lens!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, they're basically worthless, and I have promised myself to learn how to play them some day.