Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax 159MM - shutter doesn't fire
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Contax 159MM - shutter doesn't fire Reply with quote

Today I tried to use my Contax 159MM.

New batteries, meter works fine, etc...

So I tried to advance the filme and then the advance lever got loose. I tried to fire and nothing happened...

Am I doing something wrong?

(I tried to do the same thing with my Yashica FR and Contax 139Q. I saw that without batteries any of them fire but with battery they work...)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

The lever got loose but isn't broken right ? Load the film, back open , if the film is well in place, advance the lever and fire. Then you should see if the film is winded and will be able to use your magnifico camera !

Sometimes some cameras don't want to work in first place , go figure ^.^ Good luck Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even without film the lever is loose. It isn't broken I think. I only advanced it once and it became loose...

The shutter doesn't fire anyway...

I think I have to try with new batteries...