Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

please help me with this tamron
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: please help me with this tamron Reply with quote

I picked up this tamron auto 300 f5.6 and want it to work on my pentax k10d

the issue is.... I don't know what mount it is, how to make it work on my k10 and how to get it off in the first place Smile It has a very low serial number compared to the very few I have seen on the web. It came out of a Minolta bag
here are a few pics...

what does the SR-T stand for?

any help or direction much appreciated!

thanks

randy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now the pics show up

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, and welcome, your pics will not show on your first post.try to repost.regards

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need an adaptall/Pentax k mount. there should be a silver tag on rear mount, try pressing in and turning anti clockwise

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron Adaptall systems probably have one of the best web sites of any camera equipment -

http://www.adaptall-2.org/

which will be a great place to look for any information about these excellent lenses.

The adapters come off fairly easily, once you know how, and then can easily be replaced with the right adapter.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have in your photo a minolta SR mount.
The adapter looks different than the one I have.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Tamron Adaptall systems probably have one of the best web sites of any camera equipment -

which will be a great place to look for any information about these excellent lenses.

The adapters come off fairly easily, once you know how, and then can easily be replaced with the right adapter.

thanks

I checked this site, and yes it is excellent, but I doesn't show my model exactly... on the net it shows as either an adapt-a-matic or an adaptall

would like to know which one it is before I invest in an adaptor

thanks everyone so far!

randy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:

is it a good enough lens to invest in?
got any sample pics?

thanks

randy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slip wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

thanks

I checked this site, and yes it is excellent, but I doesn't show my model exactly... on the net it shows as either an adapt-a-matic or an adaptall

thanks everyone so far!

randy

Have you looked at the Adapt-A-Matic Lenses (click on red box at the left) ? Is yours the 670Au ?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have this lens, and only adaptall-2 lenses.
One of this lens had been ad locally for ~20usd and no buyer.
The older tamron 300/5.6 is not known for quality.
You need one with pentax K mount to use SR on pentax bodies.

Or you can use it on a sony nex body, but 300mm is hard to use without SR, and nex is too small.
See if you can find a pentax M*300/4 or A*300/4 or an adaptall-2 SP Tamron model 54B.
The 54B should be cheap and good, but pentax M*/A* 300/4 is very good.

slip wrote:
hoanpham wrote:

is it a good enough lens to invest in?
got any sample pics?

thanks

randy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slip wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

thanks

thanks everyone so far!

randy

mmmmmmmmmmm, I see your problem. Perhaps this might help ?

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/140035-tamron-adaptall-adaptall-2-mount-whats-difference.html

I've got a 85-210 Tamron in front of me at the moment, and the mount comes off when I press the smaller silver coloured tab and twist the mount anti clockwise - there's a green dot and a thicker 'keyed' black tab that shows the alignment to put it back on.
AND - a 'Adaptall 2' ( it is printed on the mount ) on a 55mm Tamron, which comes off the same way.

Both of these mounts fit each lens, but only ONE is identified as the Tamron Adaptall 2 suspect the earlier one's are just marked as 'Tamron Adaptall' and the later ones as 'Tamron Adaptall 2'

I think the 'Adaptamatic' is different again.

I'm sure a resident expert will be along shortly to explain fully. Wink

As far as 300mm lenses go, I've got a Tair 4.5, a Soligor 5.5 and a Chinon 5.6. I use them on my K10 ( whenever I get it back from repair Evil or Very Mad ) and my NEX5. I agree with hoanpham that a heavy 300 on a NEX does need a tripod mounted to a ring on the lens, as the Tamron you have does. But the Chinon is a light plastic lens with great glass and is worth looking for if 300 is a lenght you want to use a lot. It might be a stop slower, but a light lens can often make that up and more.
The SR will work with any lens though, it's camera based and independant of any lens, it's one of the reasons I love Pentax.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko wrote:
slip wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

thanks

thanks everyone so far!

randy

Have you looked at the Adapt-A-Matic Lenses (click on red box at the left) ? Is yours the 670Au ?

how would I tell if it is a 670Au?

thanks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
slip wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

thanks

thanks everyone so far!

randy

mmmmmmmmmmm, I see your problem. Perhaps this might help ?

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/140035-tamron-adaptall-adaptall-2-mount-whats-difference.html

I've got a 85-210 Tamron in front of me at the moment, and the mount comes off when I press the smaller silver coloured tab and twist the mount anti clockwise - there's a green dot and a thicker 'keyed' black tab that shows the alignment to put it back on.
AND - a 'Adaptall 2' ( it is printed on the mount ) on a 55mm Tamron, which comes off the same way.

Both of these mounts fit each lens, but only ONE is identified as the Tamron Adaptall 2 suspect the earlier one's are just marked as 'Tamron Adaptall' and the later ones as 'Tamron Adaptall 2'

I think the 'Adaptamatic' is different again.

I'm sure a resident expert will be along shortly to explain fully. Wink

As far as 300mm lenses go, I've got a Tair 4.5, a Soligor 5.5 and a Chinon 5.6. I use them on my K10 ( whenever I get it back from repair Evil or Very Mad ) and my NEX5. I agree with hoanpham that a heavy 300 on a NEX does need a tripod mounted to a ring on the lens, as the Tamron you have does. But the Chinon is a light plastic lens with great glass and is worth looking for if 300 is a lenght you want to use a lot. It might be a stop slower, but a light lens can often make that up and more.
The SR will work with any lens though, it's camera based and independant of any lens, it's one of the reasons I love Pentax.

Is this tab in one of the pics I posted?

thanks

randy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like an Adaptamatic lens (deffo not an Adaptall or Adaptall-2).

I was confused at first as these just screw off, but it looks like there is another ring above the screw bit. This second adapter part appears to be Minolta specific:

http://www.heritagecameras.co.uk/tamron-adapt-a-matic-auto-lens-mount-for-minolta-sr-t-xe-x-xg-with-mc-meter-coupling-boxed-2339-p.asp

So, in short, for your K10D you would need to buy this lens, plus another Adaptamatic lens with M42 screw mount (which will likely be cheaper than trying to find just the M42 mount) plus you will also need an M42->K mount adapter.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its an Adaptamatic lens indeed.
I have all of the Adaptamatics except the huge 200-500 zoom.

The Minolta mount on the Adaptamatics had an extra ring screwed directly on the lens body to hold the open aperture metering probe for the Minolta SRT series.

The rest of the mount is held on by the usual Adaptamatic screw ring.

As member Manualfocus-G said,
The bad news is that the only way to get a real Adaptamatic mount you need is to get it from an Adaptamatic lens.
There is only one available Adaptamatic mount that can be adapted to PK - M42

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Minolta mount, adapamatic lens and I have this lens too, and lucky enough, mine comes with m42 mount. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyonthinh wrote:
It's Minolta mount, adapamatic lens and I have this lens too, and lucky enough, mine comes with m42 mount. Laughing

How do you like it?

Some examples I have seen are very sharp, others slightly soft

Thanks so much everyone

Randy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contrast is low, wide open is somehow soft, but will increase, btw i think it is good. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an m42 mount but I'll only swop it for a nikon mount. same lens