Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Seeing as I have a 1" sensor... tell me about Cine lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Seeing as I have a 1" sensor... tell me about Cine lens Reply with quote

Just starting to branch out from enjoying my Nikon V2 with its fantastic autofocus, I have started picking up some Nikon AI-S lenses to play with... however, from what little I know it sounds as if my camera could be a great fit for some of these C mount lenses...

Any suggestions on what to look for in possible acquisitions and what to expect from these lenses?

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice is look in the cine lenses section (where you posted this thread) and read what people are saying about this lens and that. It seems like Fujinon TV lenses are highly regarded.

The flange focal distance seems to be arbitrary between manufacturers, the only thing c mount lenses have in common is the one inch screw thread. The image circle can be different too...

...look here for more details http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_mount

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just picked up a 12.5/1.3 and 75/1.4 at great prices...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, you do get very wide apertures with cine lenses. Show the pics!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fujinons are very good, but I think only the 1.8/75 and 1.7/35 have large image circles, I had 9 and 14mm ones and they had very small image circles. Maybe the 25mm will cover the CX sensor, I don't think I had that one, but there are lots of other 25mms that will, look for Cosmicar/Pentax, they are also great.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

12.5/1.3 from Javelin Precision Optics came today... need a thinner mount adapter still, but with the adapter I have I can get close focus... this is wide open, shows promise considering it set me back $8...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, can the Nikon V2 or V1 bodies meter properly in A (or M) mode w/ these fully manual lenses, like a Canon EOS or m4/3 camera would, or is there no metering function when a MF lens is attached? (I thought I read that somewhere.)
I've used a V1 a little bit, and am still considering getting one, but it was only w/ the original AF Nikkor lenses.

Thanks,
-M

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the adapters for any lens other than F mount lenses has no contacts and the camera body gives a warning that no lens is attached. The camera will work in M mode, but will not meter, and if there is really poor light the screen will blink... it's somewhat restrictive, to say the least... but I'm having good success with fast lenses wide open in dim lighting... the screen blinking seems to be an attempt at energy savings due to inadequate light and the camera believing there is no lens attached.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly cine lenses but all Tevidon lenses (from Carl Zeiss Jena and Docter Optics) in C-Mount are all VERY good.

16mm, 25mm and all above should easily cover your sensor.
I don't know about the 10mm Tevidon.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikon1User wrote:
No, the adapters for any lens other than F mount lenses has no contacts and the camera body gives a warning that no lens is attached. The camera will work in M mode, but will not meter, and if there is really poor light the screen will blink... it's somewhat restrictive, to say the least... but I'm having good success with fast lenses wide open in dim lighting... the screen blinking seems to be an attempt at energy savings due to inadequate light and the camera believing there is no lens attached.

Cool, thanks. Yeah, that's about what I thought I heard. Too bad, because otherwise I'd probably pick up a used V1.
Sounds like Nikon is just trying to CYA, w/ the intent of selling more native mount lenses. This is sad, because in my case it will just result in my not buying in to that system, and probably going w/ a competitor (m4/3 or NEX-6) instead. Like I said, too bad.
Thanks again for the info!