Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jeff carter Australian photographer
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Jeff carter Australian photographer Reply with quote

I came across this photographer as someone wanted to buy his book but it turned out it was the name of his exhibit,He passed away last year but his work looks very interesting.One of his cameras was a 1A folding Kodak camera!
link to an exhibit
wiki page
Catalogue photos-National library of Australia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Moïra.
There are very good ones ! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Olivier,I don't know much about any professional photographers so it was a pleasant surprise to come across this mans work.I like his work,it does capture something about Australia and it's people.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I like his work,it does capture something about Australia and it's people.

Exactly !
For instance the "cattle market" makes me think about our own cattle markets. They're very different in clothes but I feel farmers have the same spirit here and down under. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
mo wrote:
I like his work,it does capture something about Australia and it's people.

Exactly !
For instance the "cattle market" makes me think about our own cattle markets. They're very different in clothes but I feel farmers have the same spirit here and down under. Wink

Yes there is something universal about a farmer and his land.Do you think if his images were color would they have the same impact?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moira, thanks for letting us know!.
I have never had about this photographer before. Nice B&W shots, quite realistic.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Yes there is something universal about a farmer and his land.Do you think if his images were color would they have the same impact?

No.
Composition and "catching the moment" would be there but with a different impact.
Or it would depend on the colours which would be an additional dimension to take in account.
Smile

That's why I like shooting in Raw format, because you can change from one to the other style.
Some well built pictures seems very common in colour and pop up when treated in B&W (opposite also works Wink ).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have not quite worked out how to use RAW images... Embarassed But I agree with what you are saying just from the examples I have seen on the forum.