Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with unknown lens mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Help with unknown lens mount Reply with quote

Hi All,

I'm a newbie here and need some help. Hope that I'm at the right place.

Can anyone identify the type of mount for this lens? Trying to find a proper EOS Adapter for it.

Found it on EBay. It's a Carl Zeiss Jena Triotar 135mm F4 and the seller says it's an Exakta II.
Not sure what that means coz there are so many variations to the Exakta range of products.
To me it looks like a Pentacon6/Kiev60 or Praktika, but can't be sure.

Hopefully enthusiasts have knowledge/experience in this.
Any input is appreciated.

Many thanks in advance. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Help with unknown lens mount Reply with quote

Eddie wrote:
Hi All,

I'm a newbie here and need some help. Hope that I'm at the right place.

Can anyone identify the type of mount for this lens? Trying to find a proper EOS Adapter for it.

Found it on EBay. It's a Carl Zeiss Jena Triotar 135mm F4 and the seller says it's an Exakta II.
Not sure what that means coz there are so many variations to the Exakta range of products.
To me it looks like a Pentacon6/Kiev60 or Praktika, but can't be sure.

Hopefully enthusiasts have knowledge/experience in this.
Any input is appreciated.

Many thanks in advance. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Exakta (of any kind) - Praktina.

There are no common adapters for Praktina, you will have to make your own. I have seen a fellow at the other manual focus site make an adapter for a Canon.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Try to sell it and buy with proper mount Exakta and M42 are cheaper than make an own adapter and better. Praktina lenses are rare, a collector will take your lens happily.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for warm welcome.
Really appreciate the information you've provided.
Still learning all about the wonderful world of classic cameras/lenses.

There's something about sticking an old lens onto a modern day DSLR...
It's just so sexy. And from what i've seen here, the results can be stunning.

Will look around for an Exakta/M42 mount as you've advised. Looks as though finding a suitable adapter for these two mounts is pretty easy.

Cheerio! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eddie

Good to see here and good luck with your lens !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Eddie!

It is Praktina mount.

Klaus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Not Exakta (of any kind) - Praktina.

There are no common adapters for Praktina, you will have to make your own. I have seen a fellow at the other manual focus site make an adapter for a Canon.

Ask Mflex-On in this forum. He build an adapter for this as far as i remember

http://forum.mflenses.com/profile,mode,viewprofile,u,1095.html

see here..

http://www.digicamclub.de/showthread.php?t=10799

its in german language forum with lots of manual friends, but if you use a translator, maybe you can understand.
Otherwise i think he is willing to give the informations you need also in english

Cheers
Henry