Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Joakim Eskildsen
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Joakim Eskildsen Reply with quote

Maybe some people know him here already, but I think he deserves to be much wider knwon:
Joakim Eskildsen is a Danish photographer (who also worked a lot in Finland), whose book 'The Roma Journeys' has attracted my attention since it appeared in 2007. Together with Cia Rinne, who is responsible for the text, he travelled to seven countries, where Roma live, stayed in their houses and took pictures of outstanding beauty and quality. The book also comes with a CD with Roma music that the Roma play only among themselves, so one gets a pretty good idea about many aspects of Roma life.

See his homepage here:

http://www.joakimeskildsen.com/Default.asp

As he describes under FAQ which cameras, lenses and film he uses, and how he scans, I don't have to repeat it here.
For me he is one of the most interesting photographers alive, and I hope he will give us another work of this scope and quality one of these days.

Thomas

P.S. If you like middle-format and are fond of Pentax-lenses, this is a must.

Last edited by madamasu on Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... Amazing photographs under every aspect, technical, artistic and last but not least human. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Marty.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't known of Joakim before- thanks for the link, he's fantastic, and uses a fantastic range of cameras too.

(certainly he's someone the Magnum winners can look up to Laughing )